Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've found a good deal on a set of Clear Alternatives integrated rear turn signals and I'm very temped to slap them on my SV. I'm also seeing a high-mount holeshot in my future so I'm looking for an intuitive way to solve the turn signal problem and this seems like an adequate venue. I was wondering what the general consensus is on this product, anything I should look out for? Are they visible at all during the day? Do the brake lights' brightness suffer as a result of the integration?

Also, just for safety sake, I was thinking of wiring up some extra brake lights into the undertail of the bike. Some of those strips of red LEDs look like they could be make to mount flush up in there and look pretty good too. Any thoughts?

Thanks people!

·
Premium Member
9,691 Posts
humm I got the STOPPER!!!

I
Wired the bitch into my Back OFF XP and it only comes on when brake are applied!!!

·
Registered
109 Posts
I can tell you about the Clear Alternitives integrated LED brake/turn signal board I have on my Hayabusa.
The install is as simple as pulling the red lens, pulling the bulbs and plugging a wired bulb socket in and puttng the clear lens cover back on.
It would be absolutely perfect if the turn signals were just a bit brighter.
The bigest danger comes from the fact that the turn signals are so close together, that you can't really expect the general public to figure out what direction you plan on going with these signals. Oem will always be safer then anything intergrated into one housing.
The brake lights are bright enough.
HTH

·
Registered
167 Posts
I think my break lights are about as bright with the CA light, it's the indicators that are less visible. My plan is to add a hotbodies undertail (still looking for one) to make my turning intentions more obvious.

There are plenty of arguments in existing threads about the visibility of these lights, and some (Ron) even included videos.

The install on he sv's is a bit more labour intensive than on the busa. I had to take all the bodywork off of the tail of the bike. Some people suggested slipping it off in one piece, so I did that, but it just came apart while I was trying to install the new break light anyway.

http://forums.sv650.org/viewtopic.php?t=22638&highlight=clearalternatives+install

·
Premium Member
418 Posts
If you are undecided about what to do with the turn signals, you can still get the holeshot highmount. I believe it was designed to fit in with the OEM turn signals not a problem.

I would worry about tickets!

·
Registered
254 Posts
I was on a ride a couple weekends ago and others found my brakelights difficult to notice under daylight. I switched bikes with a buddy and let him lead....yup they were correct.

I'll probably get my stock taillights integrated. In the meantime I can use some extra LED lights I have as additional brake lights.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts