Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I managed to install my clear alternatives tail light yesterday without any major problems. I am not the most mechanically inclined person, so I am pretty proud with the results. There was enough slack in the wires so that I could pack the resistors together and then zip tie them to the frame underneath the front seat and helped to tidy up my trunk.

Here are some pics.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Can you take a picture of the turnsignal from behind into teh sun so I can see how visable the signals are :wink: :lol:

Looks good 8)

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ronlarimer said:
Can you take a picture of the turnsignal from behind into teh sun so I can see how visable the signals are :wink: :lol:
HAHAHA :lol:
I'm sure you barely ever got that question...

·
Registered
8 Posts
FWIW :

Keep in mind that those resistors are going to get hot when on. Hot enough to melt anything plastic they may be hanging out by. You may want to make sure they are secured with something that isn't going to want to melt if it gets hot (like a hose clamp) and they are stowed somewhere good.

Clean install!

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks.
As long as they can't melt through those zip ties I should be good and if they can melt through them.... maybe they aren't the "clearest alternative". :lol: I crack myself up...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Well you can see for yourself, take the seat off and turn the blinkers on fot a bit and feel the heat that is generated after a few seconds. You'd probably have to forget them on or something to get hot enough, but just something to think about.

Y

·
0 Posts
I think blue is the only color I really like those on.... Need to see red :wink:

·
Registered
43 Posts
ronlarimer said:
And compare it with stock ... I'm curious too :lol:

·
Registered
498 Posts
wadaribaba said:
ronlarimer said:
And compare it with stock ... I'm curious too :lol:
Sid got in on it! :lol:

Incase you are wondering what we are talking about. When these came out I got a friken bazillion questions and in another thread I posted some picture that side took next to his with the lights on, off, from differnt angles, in the garage, out in the sun, and I havea few videos out side of the lights, and I still got questions. :roll:

·
Registered
498 Posts
Yellow Nudist said:
I think blue is the only color I really like those on.... Need to see red :wink:
I think it looks pretty good on silver :twisted: and it looks ok on yellow too, :wink:

·
Registered
687 Posts
ronlarimer said:
Yellow Nudist said:
I think it looks pretty good on silver :twisted: and it looks ok on yellow too, :wink:
nope it looks sweet on yellow i should know .. 8)

·
Registered
687 Posts
what the hell is that blk thing with tape on it ?? :?:

·
Registered
687 Posts
hmm mine still dont look like that :?

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
coyote said:
hmm mine still dont look like that :?
I just put both resistors together and wrapped them in elec tape so that they wouldn't move around or touch anything that could melt.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Just an update.

I had my seat off the other day to wire in my lit'n boltz for the license plate and had a look at the resistors and plastic around them, and there wasn't any melting or signs of problems due to heat.

·
Registered
93 Posts
NaranjaTang ,

What front lower fairing did you buy and where did you get it? That is sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeet! Also, did it come in blue to match? Thanks

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
ya it does look really nice in blue...almost nice enough to buy. hummmmm.......

1 - 20 of 33 Posts