Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 02 sv 650 and I was told that i cold clean my air filter without having to purchase a new one. Can someone please tell me if this is possible. I was told that if the air filter is made of paper you can not clean it it has to be replaced but if it is foam you can clean it. Can you tell me what I have to do to achieve that.

Howard

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
I tried to reply to the PM you sent me, but the system told me that you had disabled the ability to receive PMs, so I'll reply in this thread.

hbaden said:
Thank you for your reply how am I to know if it is a paper filter or not.

Howard
You'll just have to take out the filter and look at it. If it looks pretty cheap and feels like a normal paper filter... then it's a replacable. If it looks kinda like more a dark cloth material, it might be a reusable K&N. some time it'll have a warning sticker that says it's a reusable filter and you shouldn't throw it away... sometimes it doesn't have the sticker. If you don't know what difference a regular filter and K&N filter have, it's a bit hard to describe. You may just have to go to your local auto parts store and look at K&N filter versus a normal paper filter.

hope that helps

-Andy

·
Premium Member
9,691 Posts
I have a 02 sv 650 and I was told that i cold clean my air filter without having to purchase a new one. Can someone please tell me if this is possible. I was told that if the air filter is made of paper you can not clean it it has to be replaced but if it is foam you can clean it. Can you tell me what I have to do to achieve that.

Howard
You can bang it out but after 14k miles and that it's now 6 years old you should just pony up the $24 to replace it.

==> https://www.oneidasuzuki.com/store/parts-accessories/air-filter-sv650-1999-2006.html

It's also time to do your plugs and while you in there do your valve adjustment and carb sync too. And flush and fill the radiator, change your fork oil and might as well flush and refill your brake fluid too. And don't forget to lube your cables, adjust your clutch and do a chain sprocket inspection if your still on the OEM chain. You might get another 2-3k out of that one if it's been taken care of other wise that will need to be changed too.

And I'm praying your still not on the OEM Z4 tires cause OMG get those changed out too cause again they are 6 years way old!! Get all that done and it will be like having a brand new bike!!

:)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.