Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
3,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If your like me then over time you upgrade your gear wardrobe every so offten. All the old gear you had is stored in the closet never to be used again. I think every rider should have the proper riding gear, when I was a new rider it was not easy getting all the gear I needed after buying my SV.

If you have any extra gear not being used please post up a picture and a discription on this thread with either a very discounted price or the person who needs it will just pay shipping. This thread is not designed to profit off any SVR members, it's more like a pay-it-forward idea. I have recently given up a leather HJC jacket and now sending out a pair of Frank Thomas textile pants to another SVR member.

For all you new or broke riders please post up gear you NEED, don't post up if you decide you want to upgrade your gear b/c you want a different brand or color.

·
Banned
2,973 Posts
Excellent Idear! :bom:

Let me go look. But my stuff is pretty tore up. "Tore up" as in "crashed in." Still want?

·
Registered
3,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If it's usable/safe I would post it up and see if anyone can use it.

·
Registered
58 Posts
This is a great idea. When I got the loan for my bike I got it for just enough over to be able to buy a helmet (wifey's stipulation on getting a bike at all). However, married with 4 kids is not exactly a recipe for extra cash, so that riding jacket has evaded me ever since.

Definitely interested in an inexpensive jacket and a pair of overpants for those cool mornings (hopefully those are over for a while ;) )

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Great thread. Also motorcycle-superstore.com is slashing prices on fieldsheer gear. I just got a new summer jacket with liner for $66 shipped.

I think I have some joe rocket boots size 10. Let me double check.

·
Registered
467 Posts
This is a great idea. When I got the loan for my bike I got it for just enough over to be able to buy a helmet (wifey's stipulation on getting a bike at all). However, married with 4 kids is not exactly a recipe for extra cash, so that riding jacket has evaded me ever since.

Definitely interested in an inexpensive jacket and a pair of overpants for those cool mornings (hopefully those are over for a while ;) )
leatherup.com has a textile and leather jacket with armor for like 100 bucks man brand new

EDIT: i take that back it is 79.95. its what im rockin until i have cash for something better. personally i love it tho

·
Registered
714 Posts
My 18 yr old daughter wants to take the MSF course this spring. I would love to find an inexpenesive jacket for her to use. We tried on some jackets at a local shop and a men's small size 40 seems to fit well. Not sure if she will get a bike this summer so I don't want to buy gear if she won't be using it for a while. If any one has an old jacket that would fit the bill, that would be great.
ZOG

·
Registered
3,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well I got rid of my Jacket and pants (to other SVR members) so I have nothing to post up. I do have an AGV helmet, but it's falling apart, I would rather toss it than have someone use it (possibly not safe).

Anyways, lets see pictures of your old gear you want to pass on. SVR good will! ;D

·
Banned
2,973 Posts
If it's usable/safe I would post it up and see if anyone can use it.
Upon further inspection... I think I should hang-on to my old gear. It's too far gone. I don't want to put anybody in danger, as I don't think the stuff can withstand another crash. sorry guys...:(

·
Registered
3,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
That's how I am about my AGV helmet. thinking about just throwing it away....or target practice! ;D

·
Banned
2,973 Posts
That's how I am about my AGV helmet. thinking about just throwing it away....or target practice! ;D
Beer cozy... but you need a bigg-assed glass.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I could really use a set of riding pants, preferably with armor. I wear a size 34 jean, so 36 for overpants.

Later,
Chrome...

*EDIT*
I got a pair of used leather pants, so I'm good to go. Thanks to all who offered!

·
Registered
17,602 Posts
Good idea.

Here's a Joe Rocket Phoenix mesh jacket I've had for a few years, but haven't worn in two. Has a bit of slight rash on the left arm from a 15mph low side. Size small. Don't have the liner (which was useless anyway...).

$30 ships it out.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I have 3 kids so I know what's like to be short on cash for riding gear.

I have a silver and black Joe Rocket Phoenix 2.0 jacket with the liner size large that is to big for me. It is in really good condition. No rash on it or anything like that. Just a few bug splatters here and there. Make me an offer or I would trade it for another jacket size large.

I also have a pair of First Gear Fuel Pants size 34 that are like brand new. I think I've worn them twice. Make me an offer or once again I would trade for a jacket.

I could also use a decent pair of street boots. Something that would be comfortable to walk in a little bit too. I wear a size 11.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I think the purpose of this thread is to give away your old gear not sell.
I'm not trying to make any money here or even recoup what I've spent. I'm trying to help someone get into some decent gear cheap and maybe find me a cheap jacket that fits. I'm trying to stay within the spirit of the thread by letting who ever needs what I have make an offer on it. I didn't mean to offend anyone.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts