Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have what feels like a carb issue on my 2000 gen 1 (described below). I'm going to pull and clean the carbs. I see you can get replacement jets cheap, should I replace them as a matter of course?

I found the archived pages from the much-vaunted catpoopman about carb jetting and shimming, looking at that too.

My issue - runs fine at low rpms, around 5 or 6k in the odo I lose power and it runs weak from there on up. Guessing one or both main jets is clogged. Sometimes in mid-range I feel the power stutter on and off.

·
Super Moderator
6,866 Posts
I would say they are usable unless they show corrosion. Soaking and careful cleaning with a soft wire through all the openings should remove deposits.

Passages need to be confirmed as clear also.

If there is corrosion I feel there is pitting and you will never remove it completely. It won't flow properly either.

·
Registered
1 Posts
First time posting and I'm no expert but I read about an issue that sounded very similar to this but it was actually the foam under the tank starting to fall off and blocking airflow. Hope this helps.

·
Super Moderator
6,866 Posts
I would pull the air filter cover and make sure everything looks good there also.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts