Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to start on the undertail today and found a little rats nest. so needless to say I had to take care of it.

This is what I found 8)

This is what it looks like now

this was the hackjob undertail that this kid "made"

I need to get some more resin and mold fabric to get to the next step on the undertail... no pics for now. I'll keep posting progress.

Mike

·
Hall Monitor
2,738 Posts
Yow.

Every once in a while I get the idea that they should have some basic qualifications classes and testing and maybe a required license before they'll let someone buy tools. This is one of those occasions.

Good luck, and smart move on getting some decent turn signals.

Bill

·
Premium Member
11,333 Posts
that job didn't add any value to the bike :shock: at least your able to clean up the wiring, still have a big hole in the undertail for road crap to work its way into, I hope your a fair weather rider

·
Registered
283 Posts
My first impression when the first pics finally downloaded using the mighty dial-up... :shock: :shock:

My next impression when all the pics finally downloaded using the mighty dial-up... :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

My first thought when reading that you were going to put order to the spaghetti of wires.... WHAT :shock: THE :shock: HELL :shock: !!!

I wish I had that ability.

Please keep us posted. The less mechanically inclined find this pretty 8) .

·
Registered
13 Posts
....at least the wiring looks ok now. Ill consider the fender eliminator in progress

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
you'll love the fiberglass undertail! :wink: most likely won't get to do the bulk of that work until next week. (out of disposable money). I'll keep up with the pics and progress. (and I'll make the pics a little smaller next time)

Thanks,
Mike

·
Registered
35 Posts
hmmm, I dunno....looked pretty functional to start with. :wink:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
SVSCanuck said:
hmmm, I dunno....looked pretty functional to start with. :wink:
I'm not a fan of intergrated turn signals. plus it looked like he chewed on it to cut the metal :lol:

Thanks,
Mike

·
Premium Member
3,499 Posts
The wiring looks much better. Nice work. I'm glad to see you're re-doing that FE. That's definitely someone who didn't take pride in his work.

You are shopping for a new rear tire right? :D

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Coop said:
The wiring looks much better. Nice work. I'm glad to see you're re-doing that FE. That's definitely someone who didn't take pride in his work.

You are shopping for a new rear tire right? :D
yep. getting some metzler sportec M1's. put a couple thousand miles on them last year and I liked them. I love having the 160/120 combo. just under $200 for both tires. (I also live 5 mins away from kneedraggers :wink: )

Mike

·
Premium Member
3,499 Posts
Cool. That's a good price.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Bored, so I thought I would Resurrect the oldest thread on this board....

1 - 16 of 16 Posts