Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

461 - 480 of 499 Posts

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #461
I agree with Loco, drop an email to Leno's Garage...
That is a really good idea. You got a lead on how to get in touch with him? all i can find is the publications or reviews of his show. I would DIE to work for him and on those cars. a good garage needs a prototype machinist....

·
Greetings Program
6,272 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
the only issue with the shaft driveis that you are either stuck with the wheels that fit it 15" 535 wheel if you want anything other than the alloy wheels avalible on the virago... and even if you may your own wheel (yeahhh) you are still stuck with the megere clearance dictated by the shaft. so i think i maxed it out with a 140/90-16r

thank you sir! i would have to agree with you. Once bills are hanging on your hobby it can rob some of the fun out of it. but it certainly isnt something that i am ruling out.

Right now i am finalizing the custom title for it so it will be a 2014 model. but once that is finalized it will be going up for sale. I would like to get $8k for it. too high?

also... thought yall might like this

I'll give you $3000 and the knowledge that it's going to s good home!!!

·
Premium Member
11,333 Posts
well, if you are going to do something with one... get a tr1. the shaft drive was the bane of this build. i would have been done so much longer ago if i could have avoided having to deal with it.
If anyone is considering a similar build, I have a pair of XV920Rs one is complete, the other nearly complete

make an offer

some good ideas here and on Manfred's TR1 page

·
Super Moderator
3,477 Posts
he probably gets tons of fan mail, the trick is to word it so his "people" actually show it to him.
You could google his garage, find the name of his resident motorcycle enthusiast,
then send him "before and after" shots of past projects.

Then a link to this thread, and he'll be all "Jay, you gotta see this!"

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #467
okay guys... here we go!

the bike is done, inspected and fully legal, so the obvious next thing to do would be to sell it right? Well, thats what i actuality have to do. so if you know anyone who wants it, spread the word, i am going to be putting it on on ebay to see if i get any interest. not really sure how to drum up interest too much but i gotta sell it.

so on to the gratuitous pictures... just for yall

and a little video. its about 25 degrees when the picture was taken and the bike wasnt warm hence the sluggishness

·
Registered
150 Posts
Let me be among the first, but most certainly not the last, to say JOB WELL DONE! You have really given all of us something to aspire to, skills-wise, really outstanding work. And thanks for going to all the trouble of keeping us posted, very entertaining!

Guess you know already that: you da man!

·
Greetings Program
6,272 Posts
Let me be among the first, but most certainly not the last, to say JOB WELL DONE! You have really given all of us something to aspire to, skills-wise, really outstanding work. And thanks for going to all the trouble of keeping us posted, very entertaining!

Guess you know already that: you da man!
Ditto!

Let us know all the specs, and what you are asking for it, and I'll post it here in SoCal and on FB!

·
Registered
76 Posts
Absolutely Beautiful! I hope you sell it to someone nearby so you can still see it every now and then. I cant imagine how disappointing it must be to have to sell the bike as soon as its finished

·
Premium Member
5,615 Posts
Magnificent. You should be proud.

Get in touch with BikeEXIF and The Kneeslider, I'm sure that one or both would be happy to feature this thing, and it couldn't hurt to generate some interest.

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #474
Absolutely Beautiful! I hope you sell it to someone nearby so you can still see it every now and then. I cant imagine how disappointing it must be to have to sell the bike as soon as its finished
that would be nice, but we are going out of the country and this is helping to foot the bill. i figure that each one i do is better than the last, so i'll build another one. next one i am thinking a liter water cooled italian engine. maybe aprilia... id love to a v4. But i might end up with a injected buell engine....

Magnificent. You should be proud.

Get in touch with BikeEXIF and The Kneeslider, I'm sure that one or both would be happy to feature this thing, and it couldn't hurt to generate some interest.
thanks so much, that means a lot. i will def get in touch with both of them and let them know. thanks!

Chris...what are you asking for it? Call, text, or PM me if you don't want to publish it.
i am asking pie in the sky prices right now, because i can. i have it up on ebay starting a 8k. we will see. heres a link to the auction

http://www.ebay.com/itm/271677529329?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

·
Registered
9,123 Posts
Stunning. Did you forget to mention the hand built and designed exhaust in your eBay description or did I miss that?

·
Registered
76 Posts
that would be nice, but we are going out of the country and this is helping to foot the bill. i figure that each one i do is better than the last, so i'll build another one. next one i am thinking a liter water cooled italian engine. maybe aprilia... id love to a v4. But i might end up with a injected buell engine....
Hmm that sounds very interesting. I love the sound of those buell engines, its a shame they went out of business. Good luck with selling it and your future projects!

·
Premium Member
1,009 Posts
Shared over at WERA

·
Super Moderator
3,477 Posts
I cant believe that you don't have before pictures of it on the eBay listing.
There is no "before". This is a new bike.
It's as if a surgeon took a functional heart and created an entirely new person around it!
(I'm sure Jay Leno has somebody working full-time looking for stuff like this)

·
Premium Member
5,615 Posts
So, I just went to customfighters.com and it made me vote on Fighter of the Month. I'm at stupid work which blocks pictures, so I normally don't vote in that case until I can get home and do an honest vote. Reading the entrants I was like "Turbo Bandit - not into turbos but LOVE Bandits... Crazy Monster - oooooh, I do really love Monsters too! knifemaker - This is easy, I don't need to see the pics. VOTED!!!" :eek:ccasion14:

I still have to see the pics when I get home, but I don't think I have to see them to know that if you don't win it's a robbery. ;)

461 - 480 of 499 Posts