Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

421 - 440 of 499 Posts

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #421
Give us updates! The SVR mob is forming!

Grab your pitchforks!!! Rabble! Rabble! Rabble!
This is awesome! I am very sorry for the delay. Updates are coming I promise! The seat is fully and finally mounted. Now I just need to finalize the wiring before the final rebuild.

He decided to sell it, so he put it back to stock.
Lol!!!! The worst part is that since I literally threw away more than half the bike it is making things difficult.

It will NEVER go back to stock.

·
Premium Member
2,389 Posts
He lives!

We should start a petition to get him featured in the Cafe' Racer show on Velocity...

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just made a registration because I would like to say to knifemaker87 - Your work is amazing. Its a work of art. I followed your CBR600 F2 build - it inspired me to start my own project. Now I am following your Virago build. Keep up the good work and good luck.

P.S. If you by chance use facebook feel free to add me :)
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1419087253
or search Stoyan Dermendzhiev - the funny guy with the bunny years and frankenstein Honda cover

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #427
Hey guys,

Sorry for the long absence. After jerking me around 2 1/2 months with no pay, I lost my job. So to be perfectly honest the bike has been on the very bottom end of my priorities. Hopefully things will settle down and I can finish up the bike, but it will most likely go up for sale as soon as I work the bugs out.

On a side note, how much do y'all think it is worth as it sits?
Thanks!
-Chris

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Man, that really sucks about the job! I've been looking forward to the conclusion of this build for months. You've done some outstanding work and the bike looks great but I have no idea how much it's worth. With the talent and ability you've shown on the last couple projects, it'd be cool to see you start a custom bike building business.

·
Registered
596 Posts
On a side note, how much do y'all think it is worth as it sits?
Thanks! -Chris
I don't think anyone would complain if you put a current picture(s) and a list of the major "next needed steps". I bet you'll get some valid opinions.

·
Premium Member
1,009 Posts
Sucks to hear about your job. You have skill as a machinist. If you were in my neck of the woods I could probably get you a job at my company.

·
The Well-Leathered Mod
4,614 Posts
Chris,
You might consider looking for a job in motorcycle or even car design. I dont know if you'd find much stateside or not (maybe try Buell?), but you have real skills, and would be valuable to a company.
Otherwise, maybe w/ a custom bike builder?

·
Premium Member
5,615 Posts
Sorry to hear about it.

Try to hold on to that bike if you can. Maybe you can sell it to a buddy who'd be willing to sell it back if/when you're ready?

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #438
Hey everybody

Well, i am finally back on the project, and wrapping it up. Since the end of the last build-off I have moved two hours north, got a new job, lost my new job, decided that my wife and I are gonna take a trip around the world, got an interim job till we leave in december, and then that job fell through as well. So my life has been a bit up in the air for the last 11 months. However, i am now working on the motorcycle as a high priority because i am going to try and finish it and sell it before i go to help pay for 6 months of travel abroad.

Sob story complete, i will try to get you up to date on the work i have done in the last couple weeks.

The biggest hurdle to overcome was the wiring. i had most of it routed, but the wires were all too long and nothing was in its final place as i had to find new locations for everything with the from-scratch harness.

so, i got the battery tray and underseat placement figured out.

now everything was more or less where i wanted it... but they wires had no connectors, not spliced etc..

A dedicated day of clipping, routing, connecting, and splicing got me this:

and this:

and this:

with everything figured out, i got the wiring off and got the final to-do's done before teardown. tank fittings and mounting points. here the equalizing mounts and petcock mounts are in:

then both halves got treated with Caswel's fiberglas tank sealer. i only used half the kit so i can use the other half once the tank halves are togther. i didnt realize it was clear. pretty cool and very tough stuff.

the two halves went together, the tank mounts went in on the frame, then put some on the tank. you will see more of them when i finish the tank.

final mock-up before teardown. looking pretty good!

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Very nice! That bike looks sick.
I've been wondering how everything shook out for you.
Sorry to hear about your work woes but hopefully you can share some of your adventures around the world.

·
Greetings Program
6,273 Posts
Very nice! That bike looks sick.
I've been wondering how everything shook out for you.
Sorry to hear about your work woes but hopefully you can share some of your adventures around the world.
This. Sick looking build, and really looking forward to how the finished product is going to turn out.

421 - 440 of 499 Posts