Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

401 - 420 of 499 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Knifemaker needs his own TV show.

I'd be glued to the TV watching all of this fabrication being done. The American Chopper and Cafe Racer TV stuff is rookie compared to this!
I second the TV show, really enjoyed seeing the Clean and Simple CBR come together and the Virago is coming along great, can't wait to see final product.

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #406
no more news??
nothing more to say??
Sorry for the delay guys. Cold weeather and work have been conspiring against me. i have no heat in my new garage and it has been dishearteningly cold. Plus the next thing on the to-do list is to finalize and test the wiring which i am not looking forward to.

However, i should be getting back in the saddle soon. There really isnt a whole lot left to do, and i am hoping to finish it and have it on the road by May. fingers crossed. i will try to give you an update, but until there i can show you part of what i have been doing in my spare time while it is so cold..

i hope that will tide you over for a bit

·
Registered
523 Posts
Uuh, knifemaker, we need some backstory here. Is this more custom machine work by you? Or are you "altering" someone elses' design? So, is that all ya got? A custom machined built from hand fully automatic assault rifle that you fabricated in your spare time?

We're dissapointed. It doesn't even look like that big a bore...

(kidding! - astounding, as per usual)...

·
Premium Member
2,389 Posts
So you make knives, transform junk bikes into beautiful speed machines, are a weapon smith, what else? Do you paint too? Do you sculpt? Are you a phenomenal tango dancer? Do you drink Dos Equis?

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #409
Uuh, knifemaker, we need some backstory here. Is this more custom machine work by you? Or are you "altering" someone elses' design? So, is that all ya got? A custom machined built from hand fully automatic assault rifle that you fabricated in your spare time?

We're dissapointed. It doesn't even look like that big a bore...

(kidding! - astounding, as per usual)...
this is some custom work. I am building an .223/5.56 AR15 from parts. I bought the upper and lower receiver, but the lower receiver was purchased as an 80% lower so it has no serial number and isnt classified as a gun. I then finished the milling, so it is fully functional. You have to machine out the trigger area as well as drill the holes for the tigger pins and selector switch. So while it is fully legal, i cant sell it.

i made the handgaurd from scratch. it is on a standard free-float tube barrel nut, and was machined out of 6061. you can see that i badged it and the lower receiver with my brand new logo for Moss Customs (a catch all for the stuff i make)

i then anodized the parts and all the hardware is finished, i am just waiting for the internals to arrive so i can assemble it.

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #411
So you make knives, transform junk bikes into beautiful speed machines, are a weapon smith, what else? Do you paint too? Do you sculpt? Are you a phenomenal tango dancer? Do you drink Dos Equis?

I am actually a decent painter... Especially of large rooms (just ask my wife). I haven't tried sculpting and am not a good tango dancer. I'm too white and don't use my hips. I Do however drink Dos Equis on occasion.

I have always wanted to get into making guns, but until this job I have never had a good teacher. My new boss will forget more about guns than I will ever learn. Hence my sudden ability.

·
Premium Member
2,389 Posts
Hey man, stop slacking and give us some bike p0rn!!! Get back to work!!!

401 - 420 of 499 Posts