Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So since today is rather uneventful at work I have been cruising CL. Found this ad for a Ninja 250 going for as much as a new one. I just can't believe the guy was dumb enough to wear a full jacket, gloves, full face hemet, and then shorts and sneakers.

I got a good laugh about it. Not to mention anyone that buys that bike for that price should be wearing a hockey helmet.

http://cincinnati.craigslist.org/mcy/1049380670.html

·
Registered
154 Posts
Yep, a little overpriced for me, he probably paid a pile for it and still owes on it most likely.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Yeah, its really sad what a lot of people think they can get out of these Ninja's. There nice don't get me wrong, but I see them all overpriced now because they look like those fast 600's.
Local CL adds of $4000+ for these is pretty normal here. :-/

·
King of D'bags
3,579 Posts
Considering that it's about $500 less than an '09, the new generation of 250's are in high demand, it's still in good shape, and has a Yoshimura full-system, I'd say he's pretty much in the game. These things just plain don't drop in value as much as some other bikes the second you drive it off the lot.

·
Banned Member
4,562 Posts
Considering that it's about $500 less than an '09, the new generation of 250's are in high demand, it's still in good shape, and has a Yoshimura full-system, I'd say he's pretty much in the game. These things just plain don't drop in value as much as some other bikes the second you drive it off the lot.
+1

The new gen Ninja 250s are friggin' sweet. Hell, when I step up from the SV I might just pick up one of these little guys just for about town riding.

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
i think that's about right. some good goodies with it too, full yosh system. they are very solid bikes for what they are. the dealer i work at had all of them gone by mid june last year. they are one of the most popular bikes out there, and people love them!

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
Inexpensive is what they are. They look nice because of the plastics.
Ride it and its a scooter.

I'd like one though.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I think the greatest part of this is how I'm now going to call it the Squid 250 on a permanent basis. Thanks for the vocabulary update.

·
Registered
827 Posts
i am not selling cuz i have to i am selling cuz i want to
wow. that is such a profound statement. for a minute there, i was nearly pulled into his 'tard vortex.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Im glad its not just me. When purchasing or selling on Craigslist, which I do a lot, I tend to ignore the ads with bad vocabulary. It is very irritating when I get a reply with incomplete sentences and slang.

·
Registered
919 Posts
Vroom Vroom!

They had to update them and make them look better because the old 250 hadn't been updated since Fred Flinstone quit his job at Kawasaki.

I like the new ones. And have seen quite a few of them around here. Guys that would have otherwise been on bigger meaner bikes. Or not riding at all.

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Im glad its not just me. When purchasing or selling on Craigslist, which I do a lot, I tend to ignore the ads with bad vocabulary. It is very irritating when I get a reply with incomplete sentences and slang.
If you tried that near me, you'd never buy anything.

Which is actually probably not a bad idea...

·
Registered
171 Posts
The thing about the 250's is they always seem to hold their value. I know a kid that bought a 250r and put 1000 miles on it and then sold it for $300 more than he bought it for. I have no idea why this is but I consistently see them being sold for very close to msrp on craigs list.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts