Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Posted: 09:03 AM ET

From CNN Ticker Producer Alexander Mooney
Perry didn't rule out Texas may one day secede from the nation.

(CNN) — Texas Gov. Rick Perry isn't ruling out the possibility his state may one day secede from the nation.
Speaking to an energetic and angry tea party crowd in Austin Wednesday evening, the Lone Star State governor suggested secession may happen in the future should the federal government not change its fiscal polices.
"There's a lot of different scenarios," Perry told the rally, according to the Associated Press. "We've got a great union. There's absolutely no reason to dissolve it. But if Washington continues to thumb their nose at the American people, you know, who knows what might come out of that. But Texas is a very unique place, and we're a pretty independent lot to boot."
Perry, who is beginning to gear up for what could be a challenging re-election race, rejected more than $500 million in federal stimulus funds earlier this year and has been highly critical of President Obama's stimulus package.
His comments come a week after endorsing a resolution in the Texas state House reasserting state sovereignty over federal mandates.
Specifically it states that "all compulsory federal legislation that directs states to comply under threat of civil or criminal penalties or sanctions or that requires states to pass legislation or lose federal funding be prohibited or repealed."
Texas, America's second biggest state in area and population, was its own nation for 10 years before joining the United States in 1845.
Should Texas one day secede, one man may already be vying to be its president. Actor Chuck Norris said last month he may be interested in the post.
“I may run for president of Texas,” Norris wrote in a column posted at WorldNetDaily. “That need may be a reality sooner than we think. If not me, someone someday may again be running for president of the Lone Star state, if the state of the union continues to turn into the enemy of the state.”

·
Registered
161 Posts
Check out the story on that at CNN.com and, more specifically, the comments below it. Who knew so many "apparent" liberals were so ready to kill other Americans for mentioning secession? I hope they try it. I just want to see what happens.

·
Registered
4,830 Posts
Check out the story on that at CNN.com and, more specifically, the comments below it. Who knew so many "apparent" liberals were so ready to kill other Americans for mentioning secession? I hope they try it. I just want to see what happens.
Didn't the south already try this once?

BTW-The liberals won. :nana:

·
Premium Member
2,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'd like them to secede. I'm pretty sure they'd come crawling back eventually.

·
Registered
414 Posts
I would think that California would be the first to go.

·
Registered
161 Posts
QUOTE=SDRider;1480712]Didn't the south already try this once?

BTW-The liberals won. :nana:[/QUOTE]

They only "think" they won...
We're regrouping. :highfive:[

·
Registered
414 Posts
California'ns already thumb there noses at federal law. I'm considering moveing there myself. My big toe hurts and I need a prescription for the "weed".

·
Registered
4,830 Posts
I would think that California would be the first to go.
First to go where?

BTW-Did you know that California is the 6th largest economy in the world and that for every dollar we pay in Federal taxes we see the one the least amount in return of all the states in Federal spending?

·
Premium Member
2,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
First to go where?

BTW-Did you know that California is the 6th largest economy in the world and that for every dollar we pay in Federal taxes we see the one the least amount in return of all the states in Federal spending?
Actually they were last 6th in 2000. In 2002 they were 5th. IN 2004 they were 5th. In 2006 they were 8th. They're slipping!

·
Registered
4,830 Posts
Actually they were last 6th in 2000. In 2002 they were 5th. IN 2004 they were 5th. In 2006 they were 8th. They're slipping!
Regardless, the rest of this country would be very negatively affected without us supporting you.:nana:

·
Premium Member
2,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I think we're supporting CA. And by that i mean structurally supporting. You guys are cantilevered off the true west coast of the US, which runs just east of CA. And soon we will kick you to the curb with the rest of the trash. :)

·
OberKommandant
6,127 Posts
I think we're supporting CA. And by that i mean structurally supporting. You guys are cantilevered off the true west coast of the US, which runs just east of CA. And soon we will kick you to the curb with the rest of the trash. :)
Sweet, I can't wait. Then maybe my property in AZ will be worth something. :D

·
Banned
2,973 Posts
California smells like hippies and pompous a--holes. ;D
It sure does... though mostly in Hollywood.

The hippies are by the bay area... maybe some hippie communities in SD too.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts