Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is now:

And I'm thinking about chopping it to here:

Anyone have pictures of the internals of one of these cans? I've read several chop threads and I know the general process, just curious what's inside the Two Bros cans before I make a decisions. And of course, any tips/suggestions are appreciated :)

·
Registered
542 Posts
My Leo looked like that cut away pic. Perforated core, wrapped in steel wool, wrapped in fiberglass packing, up to outer shell. Most difficult part for me was cutting the perforated core in enough to fit the end cap on since the endcap protruded into the can (in the center) about two inches. I cut through the whole thing without taking out the packing though, so that's why I had that little snafu. Didn't make it a whole lot louder at idle/neutral throttle but quite a bit more when I get on the throttle.

·
Registered
832 Posts
Anyone have any tips on how to get the end cap off of my carbon M4 can? I drilled all the rivits out and pushed them in and even beat on it with a rubber mallot but it didn't even budge.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Anyone have any tips on how to get the end cap off of my carbon M4 can? I drilled all the rivits out and pushed them in and even beat on it with a rubber mallot but it didn't even budge.
Chances are decent that the end cap is pressed onto the core. I had to use a hammer and punch to separate an ART carbon can's core from it's end cap.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts