Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone had experience with the following items, and if so, offer a comparison between them.

Tourmaster Venture pants http://www.revzilla.com/product/fieldsheer-mercury-pants vs.

Fieldsheer Mercury pants http://www.kneedraggers.com/details/Tour_Master_Mens_Venture_Pant_--609937.html vs.

Icon ARC pants http://www.kneedraggers.com/details/Icon_ARC_Textile_Pant--622722.html

and also

AGV Sport Sebring 2 vs.

TCX SS Performance

Also, do you have recommendations for short boots I could also use for walking around Walmart/campus/library?

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
I can give very high credits to the Tourmaster stuff. Both my wife and I wear the Venture overpant and they are very well made. We're in the process of buying some new touring gear so I've been doing a lot of homework. You might want to check into the Tourmaster "Flex" pants and jacket. The Flex is nearly identical to the Venture pant and Jett jacket but has removeable panels which turn it into a mesh system for those real hot days. We're looking at going that way to reduce the amount of riding gear we need to carry in our luggage for the extreme variations in temperature we will encounter between our valley and mountain riding. We'll probably add 2 piece rain suits which pack very small to make up for the less waterproof gear.

Tourmaster makes some of the best stuff for a very reasonable price point.

·
Registered
975 Posts
I have the Venture Air and they work well for me. I've ridden to around 40 deg over jeans and without the thermal liner and they were pretty warm. At 90 deg in full mesh mode they were noticably cooler than jeans.

·
Registered
667 Posts
I have a pair of Tourmaster pants, they're great, I had order a pair of ARC pants but sent them back b/c i didn't like the fit.

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
+1 for Tourmaster gear. I don't have those pants but a guy I ride with does and loves them. I have a couple of Tourmaster jackets and they're great.

·
Registered
9,110 Posts
I bought two pairs of the Tourmaster Venture Air pants recently. One for me, and one for the wife. I haven't wore them much, but I really like them.

Of the three you linked, I would definitely not get the Icon ones. The Tour Master and Fieldsheer both have CE knee armor, and I know for a fact the TM have some hip padding. Not sure about the Fieldsheer.

EDIT: Shopping around is cool, but when it's time to buy, go to Newenough!

·
Registered
672 Posts
I just bought the TCX SS performance boots. It's my first pair of motorcycle specific boots, but they are comfortable for quick errands, going around campus and the like but strolls at the mall would probably get uncomfortable. As for on bike...which is really the most important, they are quite comfortable and lightweight. They feel like they will offer fairly substantial protection in a crash, but havent tested them...

PS. go to NewEngough

·
Registered
153 Posts
I don't have any of those specific products, but i do have a fieldsheer 2 piece leather suit. So far it has worked great for me and seems to be made very well and i have absolutely no complaints about it. I would think their other products would follow the same suit.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts