Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The choke plunger that goes into the front carb is seized and will not come out of the carb. The choke was has not worked since I got the bike. Have any of you have this happen before and is there any other option other than replacing the carb?

·
Registered
850 Posts
Get a can of carb cleaner (I use Berryman B-12) and spray the crap out of it, and use a pair of channel locks to pry it out. You'll have to put some effort into it.

Afterwards, clean with carb cleaner, and pack the "y" in the cable with grease to prevent water running in there and fouling it again.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I let it soak in pb blaster for 2 days, it wouldnt budge. I tried twisting it with pliers, finally tried drilling it out, (do not reccomend). Now I need a used carb anyone have one or two laying around?

·
Registered
850 Posts
No offense but :sbmfacepalm:

Just pulling/twisting with a pair of pliers wouldn't give you the leverage you need..and what in god's name made you decide to take a drill to it?

A pair of channel locks, and use the body of the channel locks against the body of the carb to create a lever and pry the plunger out. It takes some effort, but works.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Not the outer plunger, the small inner brass piece that actually affects the flow of gasoline. This is what it looked like. There was nothing to get a bite on and I tried getting it to turn with a screwdriver it wouldn't budge.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts