Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
MOTORADOR
10,954 Posts
Why? Most of the "good" products you buy is rebranded Chinesse stuff anyway?

·
Registered
9,569 Posts
why?

How are they are different then other rotors?

·
site supporter
6,051 Posts
They're ROUND. What the hell else do you want?
:lmao:

Brake rotors are critical components, but they aren't complicated components. No reason to suspect them any more than one would any other Chinese made product. Like an iPad or iPhone, maybe?

·
very big dumb
8,893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Brake rotors are critical components, but they aren't complicated components. No reason to suspect them any more than one would any other Chinese made product. Like an iPad or iPhone, maybe?
an ipad won't kill me if it breaks in half at 80mph because of a metallurgy problem ;)

·
MOTORADOR
10,954 Posts
Mehh, I don't think they're made in some dude's basement. Houses in china do not have basements.

Nice new avatar, btw.

·
site supporter
6,051 Posts
mostly because that could be anything from "oem part stolen from the factory" to "made in some dude's basement"
The description says they are CNC machined. How bad do you think they could be?

·
Registered
9,569 Posts
The description says they are CNC machined. How bad do you think they could be?

His bank account wanted us to tell him its stupid. His mind wanted us to tell him there is nothing wrong and buy them if his heart desires.

·
very big dumb
8,893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
His bank account wanted us to tell him its stupid. His mind wanted us to tell him there is nothing wrong and buy them if his heart desires.
i just need to find rotors for my '03 gsxr750 wheel that will not cost 300/each like on bikebandit... but I don't want to die either.

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
Btw, I asked about Chinese brake pads here a little while back and got a huge helping of "oh hell no!"... so meh...

·
Registered
9,569 Posts
brake pads are different then rotors. Stock brake pads do not perform like good aftermarket pads, so going even cheaper then stock is not a good idea. But aftermarket rotors do not really work any better then the stock rotors. The chinese ones are made of same stuff stock rotors.

·
very big dumb
8,893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
brake pads are different then rotors. Stock brake pads do not perform like good aftermarket pads, so going even cheaper then stock is not a good idea. But aftermarket rotors do not really work any better then the stock rotors. The chinese ones are made of same stuff stock rotors.
so yay on $200 shipped this set over $300 each OEMs? If I die, i'm haunting your house though...

·
Registered
9,569 Posts
why dont you just buy OEM on ebay or forum?

I've bought plenty of used rotors and never had issues.

·
Registered
9,569 Posts
Well I'd hope you wouldnt buy warped worn out rotors. :)

·
Registered
760 Posts
I put chinese made rotors on my Focus years ago. 60k in and no problems yet. I dont know if that means these will be any good but I guess my experience has been pretty good.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts