Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i wanted one for a long time being that its winter would be a good time to order one. i have a 03 blue naked. do you all expierience chipping paint from the front wheel? and what do you do to prevent it? any other options besides jmv and sv1k? i have seen some wicked bike pics with them before so if you can photo whore...then post em up! thanks

·
Registered
70 Posts
I like the look my bike has with the chin spoiler. I love the fact I can see the engine and it looks different from others. I do have some marks from the wheel but Im to busy riding so I really dont care. Its going to happen so why worry about it.

I got one that Suzuki makes but there are better ones out there as well. But it was all about price for me.

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
quintin, i assume you didnt like yours
evilbologna,i got ya ;)
anyone have and pics to throw up, i know there are alot but i wanna put pictures with feedback. i want to handle all these questions before i spend 300$!!!!

·
Registered
745 Posts
I have a Gimbel and love it. As far as dings from the front tire, I haven't had any yet other that the ones on the under side. Nobody can see those, so they don't matter. Mine is actually a belly pan. It has a seperate drain hole in the pan itself. It's great quality, I just wish the fit was better from the factory. It took alot of "shaping" in the shop before mounting. ;)

·
Registered
745 Posts
Yessir, they are a little pricey. They don't come painted or prepped. The fit is not all that great from the factory and they require a little work to get the corners to clear where they need to. Would I reccommend Gimbel? Unless you want a specific look, no. I got mine because it was exactly what I needed to bring my bike together as what I wanted it to look like. I had a vision and this peice was required to make it come true. If you don't care about specifics and just want a chin spoiler or a belly pan, there are many more options that would make alot more sense. ;)

·
Premium Member
6,360 Posts
I have the Suzuki OEM on my '04 nekkid. no chips or dings in the few months and 4 or 5 thousand miles since I put it on. However, it does litterally suck tar out of the road like a magnet. If you cross a tar strip on the road, you'll end up with some on the chin fairing. Doesn't matter if that strip is ten years old and harder than rock.

There was a thread a few months back that several people complained they had a terrible time installing the OEM, but I had no real issues.

For me, it was a totally cosmetic thing, and I found by accident. Someone at the rally made me an offer I couldn't pass up. If I had to buy it full cost, I'd still be wishing I had one.

Since you instructed us to pic whore, I guess I have to... ;)

Now if I were to ever replace it, I'd lean towards the second gen Bike Side or something similar.

http://www.whaccessories.com/BSBellyPanSV650.jpg

·
Premium Member
1,152 Posts
gotalf

I baught mine sv used with an oem one already installed.. it was in perfect condition, and i thought exactly what evil thought so i decided to make a little money off it while it was still worth a penny

·
Registered
146 Posts
I adore mine, it really finishes the look of the bike. I chose not to get the full fairings because they just make the bike look... I dunno, like a an RR wanna-be to me.

It did take awhile to learn that I couldn't hop curbs though.

·
Registered
4,244 Posts
Keep in mind, alf, that some exhausts interfere with certain bellypans. I had one on my bike, but had to modify it to work with the V&H headers I had. Then I sold the V&H and got the M4 full system and couldn't use the chin spoiler at all. The mounting brackets and front header would not work together. Just a thought for ya before you drop some coin.

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
orange good thought, for me i just run the holeshot slip/on. i think id like one that comes pre-painted to avoid the hassle

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
I have a Lighted(2/55W driving lights) belly pan from Extreme graphics, i believe it's been dis-continued, due to fitment problems.....BUT i absolutly LOVE mine, as it makes my Svs stand out amongst the rest,.& it came color matched too!________5TOEZ________see;" Most viewed photos/ pg.4" for pics!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts