Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I mounted a pilot power in the back about 300 mi ago. This is the first time I have been on a rear that I trusted, and I have successfully started wearing down the michelin man! I mean, no chicken strip back there at all! The Q is, is it normal to have a larger chicken strip on the front?

·
Registered
3,828 Posts
You'll have no chicken stips in the rear when you wear down the directional arrows. ;)

As far as I know you'll always have some stips up front. Not sure if it's the tire... I use to work with a guy who owned a Ducati 999. I noticed that his front had no chicken strips after track days. ??? (he runs metzler tires)

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
then he was probably running a low psi.... that's my hypothesis lol.

·
OberKommandant
6,127 Posts
I don't know if I'd say you'll always have them on the front, but it does take a lot more lean to wear them off. If I remember correctly, Looshia's 650 has a front with no chiken strips after her last track day. It would have a lot to do with the width and profile of the tire and the width of the rim it's mounted on.

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well I don't have any safe twisties that I am that confident to lean that far into. So I'll take the chickenless rear.

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
makes me feel better lol thank you liutas

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
maybe my next set of shoes.

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
its the measurement of how big your kahunas are hehe...... nah, it is the width of un used tire. the further you lean, the smaller the strip the less of a chicken you are....

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
my hypothosis was correct!

1 - 20 of 37 Posts