Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I mounted a pilot power in the back about 300 mi ago. This is the first time I have been on a rear that I trusted, and I have successfully started wearing down the michelin man! I mean, no chicken strip back there at all! The Q is, is it normal to have a larger chicken strip on the front?

·
Registered
2,804 Posts
Got same issue.

·
Registered
3,828 Posts
You'll have no chicken stips in the rear when you wear down the directional arrows. ;)

As far as I know you'll always have some stips up front. Not sure if it's the tire... I use to work with a guy who owned a Ducati 999. I noticed that his front had no chicken strips after track days. ??? (he runs metzler tires)

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
then he was probably running a low psi.... that's my hypothesis lol.

·
OberKommandant
6,127 Posts
I don't know if I'd say you'll always have them on the front, but it does take a lot more lean to wear them off. If I remember correctly, Looshia's 650 has a front with no chiken strips after her last track day. It would have a lot to do with the width and profile of the tire and the width of the rim it's mounted on.

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well I don't have any safe twisties that I am that confident to lean that far into. So I'll take the chickenless rear.

·
OberKommandant
6,127 Posts
well I don't have any safe twisties that I am that confident to lean that far into. So I'll take the chickenless rear.
I honestly wouldn't recommend it anywhere other than the track. ;)

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
makes me feel better lol thank you liutas

·
Registered
3,828 Posts
Hope this makes you feel better. (still got stips in the front)

But I'm more proud of the rear as you can see.

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
maybe my next set of shoes.

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
its the measurement of how big your kahunas are hehe...... nah, it is the width of un used tire. the further you lean, the smaller the strip the less of a chicken you are....

·
Registered
9,547 Posts
lower PSI to 15 and you get rid of them real fast :p

·
Registered
3,828 Posts
What is the lowest you can SAFELY lower your PSI on the front and rear?

Also, what is the best psi to run. I've heard anything from 25 to 40. ?

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
my hypothosis was correct!

1 - 20 of 37 Posts