Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been buying all sorts of stuff I didn't know I needed for my SV from this guy: Chewy. I reckon you guys should take a look - he appears to regularly ship all over the world.

Remember - many SV1000 parts fit the K3> 650.

·
Registered
7,347 Posts
Chewy's a good guy, haven't bought from him yet but he's a regular posted on SV650.org, we're trying to get the minimum order together for an original shape SV650 stainless bolt kit just now... If anyone's interested :)

·
Registered
7,347 Posts
A bolt kit... for the original shaped SV. Basically replaces as many of the cheap fasteners as possible with stainless alternatives. He does them as 2 parts, engine and bike.

·
Registered
4,244 Posts
Northwind said:
Chewy's a good guy, haven't bought from him yet but he's a regular posted on SV650.org, we're trying to get the minimum order together for an original shape SV650 stainless bolt kit just now... If anyone's interested :)
I'd be game. I've broke a couple bolts already, and need to get some quality stuff on there. Whole lot easier if it's in a kit. PM me any info I need to know. Thanks.

·
Registered
7,347 Posts
I'll keep an eye out and post here again when he gets closer to minium order, he's still looking for another 10 or so just now IIRC

·
Registered
7,347 Posts
Not expensive compared to doing it yourself or using Suzuki parts, the SV thou kit was about £30 bike and £30 engine IIRC... around $45 each, which at suzuki prices buys you about 3 bolts and a washer :)

·
Registered
118 Posts
Northwind said:
Not expensive compared to doing it yourself or using Suzuki parts, the SV thou kit was about £30 bike and £30 engine IIRC... around $45 each, which at suzuki prices buys you about 3 bolts and a washer :)
Sorry I know this is an early posting and it looks like I am trying to sell something but I think most may allready know me not a buisness man just someone who puts yours and mine ideas togeather to improve YOUR bike.
Thanks for the heads up Bigthumpa on this one I still provide them if anybody wants a kit details below Full instructions easy to follow I even provide pics with numbers to make life easy £37 for the full bike bolt kit.

Full bike stainless bolt kit for sv650 pre k3, includes 70 bolts and 21 washers as follows:
Left hand handle bar clamp bolt.
Right hand handle bar clamp bolt.
Right hand handle bar clamp bolt.
Front brake reservoir flanged button head bolt.
Front brake reservoir 1 Allen bolt.
Radiator 3 mounts + 3 m6 penny washers 3 spring washers.
Starter motor 2 bolts.
Rear brake pipe clamp on swingarm 1 bolt.
Rubber chain runner bolt + 1 m6 penny washer.
Chain guard button flanged + 2 m6 penny washers.
Rear shock protector 1 bolt.
Pinch bolts bottom of forks bolts.
Speedo cable bolt left fork bolt.
Brake pipe clamps both forks flanged bolts + two penny washers.
Brake pipe clamp under triple clamp 1 bolt.
Horn bracket 1 bolt.
Under tray bolts + 4 m6 penny washers.
Rear brake caliper 2 bolts + 2 m8 washers.
Front mudguard 4 bolts.
L/h engine bolts kit 13 bolts see separate list.
R/h engine bolts kit 24 bolts see separate list.
71 bolts in total plus 25 assorted washers all high grade stainless steel hexagon socket head / allen bolts.

[/img]

·
Registered
7,347 Posts
That was a bit after the fact old feller :)

But just to add on the subject, I got Chewy's tank spacers and the stainless bolt kit ages ago, and they're both great. Anything that helps my bike get through a scottish winter unrusted gets my vote!

·
Registered
70 Posts
How fast?

I just ordered some mirror extenders from Chewy and was wondering how long does it take for some of his orders to get to the states?

·
Registered
687 Posts
Re: How fast?

ibang1 said:
I just ordered some mirror extenders from Chewy and was wondering how long does it take for some of his orders to get to the states?
i wanted a set of thoughs too . how much was it all said and done ? i think we need a BG for some chewy bits to the states :)

·
Registered
118 Posts

coyote said:
ibang1 said:
i wanted a set of thoughs too . how much was it all said and done ? i think we need a BG for some chewy bits to the states :)
I only charge £2.50 postage to the US so i think the total to your door is about £27.10 $49 A group buy will not save anything as i have very small margins on these i only do this to help out SV owners If you pop over to www.sv1000.zyns.com i think you will find me very reputable.
I get a new batch in monday as these do go out fast and should get them to the states in approx one week. 4 days is my best from UK to USA

Happy ordering

chewy

www.chewys-stuff.co.uk

·
Registered
687 Posts

chewy22 said:
coyote said:
ibang1 said:
I only charge £2.50 postage to the US so i think the total to your door is about £27.10 $49 A group buy will not save anything as i have very small margins on these i only do this to help out SV owners If you pop over to www.sv1000.zyns.com i think you will find me very reputable.
I get a new batch in monday as these do go out fast and should get them to the states in approx one week. 4 days is my best from UK to USA

Happy ordering

chewy

www.chewys-stuff.co.uk
i know you are reputable that never croess my mind i have see you on the sv1000 and many people rave about your parts which they do look very nice only reason i said BG was becouse of the shipping but it only 4.50us i think . there doesnt seen a need i will be in touch soon :)

·
Registered
70 Posts
Chewy

Thanks for the answer. I cant wait to install them.

·
Registered
118 Posts

[
chewy

www.chewys-stuff.co.uk[/quote]
i know you are reputable that never croess my mind i have see you on the sv1000 and many people rave about your parts which they do look very nice only reason i said BG was becouse of the shipping but it only 4.50us i think . there doesnt seen a need i will be in touch soon :)[/quote]

Thats quit all right young man thank you for posting that :D

·
Registered
687 Posts

chewy22 said:
i know you are reputable that never croess my mind i have see you on the sv1000 and many people rave about your parts which they do look very nice only reason i said BG was becouse of the shipping but it only 4.50us i think . there doesnt seen a need i will be in touch soon :)[/quote]

Thats quit all right young man thank you for posting that :D[/quote]
no prob when did i become a young man :) lol i think there are far to many companys out there that are trying to make a quick buck on who ever there can . and that are far to few companys that have the consumer in mind aka sv650/1000 riders. and i would much rather pay a little more to get something of better made and from someone who rides then from someone who doesnt even know what a sv is know what i mean :) cheers and keep up the good work

·
Registered
70 Posts
Chewy

I got your extenders today and install was a breeze. They work GREAT! I can finally see things behind me.

Anyone know where I can get the cap that goes over the hex screws? I lost one while riding today.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Re: Chewy

ibang1 said:
I got your extenders today and install was a breeze.  They work GREAT!  I can finally see things behind me.

Anyone know where I can get the cap that goes over the hex screws?  I lost one while riding today.
I lost one of mine and it cost me 70p :eek: from the bike shop.

·
Registered
118 Posts

coyote said:
. and that are far to few companys that have the consumer in mind aka  sv650/1000 riders. and i would much rather pay a little more to get something of better made and from someone who rides then from someone who doesnt even know what a sv is  know what i mean :)  cheers  and keep up the good work
Thanks I still have the SV ofF to the Artic circle in Norway in a couple of months it looks like this now.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts