Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just want to give a big cheers to the Non-Squids out there :eek:ccasion14:, which it feel like most SV riders aren't.

Went downtown (Portland OR.) tonight for a typical Saturday night out, I saw group of CBR's and a "King" ZX-6R leading the pack, showing off driving around down the main strip of town. At a red light the "leader" thought it would be cool to bake his tire and give every inebriated patron a smoke show. The light then turned green and he proceeded to go balls deep into a tank slapper landing in the middle of the median. I couldn't help but get a laugh out of this squids attempt to show off for all of Portland :lmao:.

It's this kind of debauchery that reminds me why I am happy that my father, a tourer, taught me what smart riding is, and made sure he instilled not being a complete dumb ass on the road into my brain.

I have noticed after seeing a few SV riders around Portland that most of us seem to be pretty level headed and intelligent when it comes to riding, respecting and abiding by the rules of the road. I just want to thank all of you for being a great, intelligent and respectable group of riders.

keep it up, as we give the sport of riding a great name. :worship:

Later
Jake

204 Posts
I figured most SV riders aren't too squidly....we all know these bikes are underpowered. Aren't squids just like "MOAR HARSEPOWAAH!"?

·
Registered
380 Posts
Thank you for the complement for not acting like a squid. I think it all stems from the fact that the SV was designed for females from the start so we know where our place is.

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Thank you for the complement for not acting like a squid. I think it all stems from the fact that the SV was designed for females from the start so we know where our place is.
:vroom:

·
Registered
788 Posts
Yeah, it seems like a lot of sport bike riders have the mentality of a 14 year old who's high on adrenaline after watching the Fast and the Furious.

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Speaking of douchery... last weekend my Wife and I were driving back to Charleston from Myrtle Beach, and it happened to be during Black Bike Week(yes, it's actually called that) and as we were crossing over Hwy 17 to Hwy 17Alt these two guys(one on a stretched ZX14, the other on a stretched GSXR-1K) riding with NO gear on decided to slow down to have a conversation in front of us... come to find out they were talking about acting like @sses.

They both proceed to do rolling burnouts right in front of my truck.... they lean over the tanks, pull the clutch and let er rip! VROOOOOMMMM/SCREEEEEEETCHHHHHHHHH down the road they go, probably to around 80-100mph before they slow down!

The best part was the guy on the ZX turned around to look at us once he slowed down..... he must have thought I was impressed or gave a sh!t he could do that......

IDIOTS.....

204 Posts
80-100? I thought thats how fast traffic normally goes...

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Speaking of douchery... last weekend my Wife and I were driving back to Charleston from Myrtle Beach, and it happened to be during Black Bike Week(yes, it's actually called that) and as we were crossing over Hwy 17 to Hwy 17Alt these two guys(one on a stretched ZX14, the other on a stretched GSXR-1K) riding with NO gear on decided to slow down to have a conversation in front of us... come to find out they were talking about acting like @sses.

They both proceed to do rolling burnouts right in front of my truck.... they lean over the tanks, pull the clutch and let er rip! VROOOOOMMMM/SCREEEEEEETCHHHHHHHHH down the road they go, probably to around 80-100mph before they slow down!

The best part was the guy on the ZX turned around to look at us once he slowed down..... he must have thought I was impressed or gave a sh!t he could do that......

IDIOTS.....
I don't have to travel at all to see these stretched out waste-of-a-great-bike and helmetless freaks here. They're everywhere and yes, they all act the same way. Revving to the limiters and burnouts/excessive speeding with LOUD exhausts. :vroom:

They seem to be a dime a dozen. ::)

204 Posts
Some peoples fathers taught them how to ride motorcycles, and others didn't. Can't blame them man....their parents are ******* stupid. Or absent. Or both.

·
Premium Member
418 Posts
I was gonna make a thread of my own but ill just add my story in here as well

So later last night me and my friends were out riding, and we ride very casual. Speed limit, good formation, the works.

As we were giong down the main street ( mostly used for cruising) a squid rolled up on us on a gixxer

so to set the mood too this is a thin lanky dude, in gym shorts, nike basketball shoes and cutoff tee. at least the had a helmet.

and as hes rolling up on us, at road speed (45mph ish) hes flailing his feet about, touching them onto the ground.

o.0

So we get up to the light and he stay quiet, light goes green and as hes taking off he hikes his ass into the air, shoved the front end down and starts a really sloppy wheelie. He only holds it for a breif second and lets it down fast, as it meets the ground he hits so hard he falls into the seat, left foot came off the peg and touched the ground. Lucky his right foot was planted or i would have been running him over.

He continued going and up at where we were going to, he followed us, and we were making a left turn, light was green, so me and my friends took the corner at speed. maybe 30ish. Not fast, but not grandma. right up to the corner the squid pinned it and sped up, so im thinking " hes gonna go round the corner fast"

NOPE! lays hard on the brakes mid corner and barely turns at all. pretty much upright. I passed him mid corner, i had no choice the dude nearly came to a stop while in the intersection.

The next stop light i look at his tires, and ****, chicken strips at least 3-4 inches wide. that bikes never been leaned ever.

(best parts coming)

So at the light i open my lid and yell to him " so you stunt but dont turn?!?!"

He looked at me, shrugged and said nothing.

W/e, light turns and we go. For a few stop lights he stays with us, and near my house at a stop light i was talking at a buddy of mine and i saw something strange. The squids helmet was glowing. I look over, and on his tank is is phone. Hes texting.

Really? Texting? At least were at a stop light. So i quick think about it, i bet this dip**** would love to try and race us so i hint it at my buddy on his ducati 999, witch the dudes been eyeballing the whole night. I wanted him to take off quick and watch his phone slide down the tank and smash into the ground. So light went green and i got on it, and he took off decently quick, then leveled off. i look back, oh no, hes still texting while riding. At that point i had it, and i got a lane over and opened it up. Wouldnt be long before he spilled it right in front of me.

I couldnt belive it, such an idiot.

cliffnotes: Squid stunts, cant turn and texting while riding in gym shorts

·
Registered
107 Posts

IDIOTS.....
Woah 80-100mph?!?!?! That's like rocket ship speeds dude.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Who you calling squids? :mad:

:p
Haha :evil6:. I was one of the inebriated patrons I believe he was trying to impress. After walking home and posting this, I expected a few errors in the morning.

Mikey B There are a ton of those types around here. I don't understand why they would drop all that money on a bike just to look "Cool", Go buy a affliction t-shirt for the same affect at a much cheaper cost haha. Plus they aren't even getting the real enjoyment of what these bikes can do. Squids will be squids.

·
Registered
203 Posts
I seem to be the only one around me who wears gear in 100+ temperatures, does that make me a Non-Squid?

I'm cool with it, though. Cops don't pay attention to me. Although when they run into you right before you lean the bike over it helps to have a guy with no helmet cutting lanes going the other way (like today).

·
Registered
747 Posts
I seem to be the only one around me who wears gear in 100+ temperatures, does that make me a Non-Squid?

I'm cool with it, though. Cops don't pay attention to me. Although when they run into you right before you lean the bike over it helps to have a guy with no helmet cutting lanes going the other way (like today).
i'm the same way. I rarely see anyone around here with a helmet AND a jacket. Most are either helmet/T-shirt/sneakers or full-squidly no helmet/wife beater/sandals.
I will admit though, that my lower half is just jeans and my military boots. I need to buy some textile pants, but I don't think real riding boots are in my near future.

·
Registered
3,738 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
i'm the same way. I rarely see anyone around here with a helmet AND a jacket. Most are either helmet/T-shirt/sneakers or full-squidly no helmet/wife beater/sandals.
I will admit though, that my lower half is just jeans and my military boots. I need to buy some textile pants, but I don't think real riding boots are in my near future.
I've noticed a ridiculous amount of riders lately in jackets and gloves, with their helmet locked to the tail. I just don't get it.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I feel like the SV is teaching me how to be a smart rider and even if i was to move onto an ss or liter bike, I would have smarter mentality about it.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts