Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Long story short: went to Nordkapp, got almost all the way back, dropped the bike on a forest gravel road.

Bunch of stuff gone, including both cheek fairings. I think the radiator mounts bent a bit, knocking out the other fairing. (It was still on, but in two pieces, so I had to rip it off for the last 500km ride home.)

Anyone know where to get the replacement fairings? The rear brake lever broke off as well, but that one's available online (how hard is it to swap on my own?). Actually thinking of just drilling through the main lever - only the footpeg bit of the lever broke off, at the stem - and putting a long bolt through, so I have a useful if ugly rear brake until I get it fixed.

Cheers for the help.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Rear brake pedal is quite easy, I found out the hard way too.

I undid the two bolts that hold the master cylinder onto the right-hand foot rest hangar, the three bolts holding the hangar onto the frame, took the split pin off the lever / master cylinder rod and that allowed me to see the circlip that holds the brake lever on. As I have some expanding circlip pliers it was easy to remove / refit. And then refit was easy as I hadn't adjusted anything :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts