Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
I would think the blue one is a better deal it comes with the extras. Besides I have heard on here that the blue ones are faster. ( they lie everyone knows black is the fastest color.) :lmao:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would think the blue one is a better deal it comes with the extras. Besides I have heard on here that the blue ones are faster. ( they lie everyone knows black is the fastest color.) :lmao:
I would rather have the blue one, it just looks so much better, coming from a guy with a shiny red show car.
He says it may be sold so I'm second pick is the red one, especially since they both want 4K.

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
They don't perform different with different colors :p I would know, I crashed in red, went to blue :) But everyone knows blue and black is absolutely fastest.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Is it normal for people to not allow a test ride? How do they expect us to buy it with out riding it?

·
Registered
89 Posts
Most people do not allow test rides unless you put cash in their hands and the rule usually is if you lay it down you bought it.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have tried to talk to the Blue owner but has been a bit distant. The red owner has been very nice and responsive. I should know by tomorrow. Thanks for all of the help!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
So my buddy went and checked out the red one today:

He said that there where some scratches on the tank from looks like a razor blade trying to get a sticker or something off, its in the paint though.
Rub on one of the bars.
Didn't see working rear turn signals (owner used hand signals while on the ride)

suspension felt good.

he said he would pay 3500, not the asking 4000.

Lets hope the Blue one that will be checked out tomorrow will be better.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Is it normal for people to not allow a test ride? How do they expect us to buy it with out riding it?
I will not allow a test ride with out full value in cash and a waiver saying you crash you buy. Weeds out alot of tire kickers. When I sold my xr650 the guy wheelies it right into a light pole and I was left with a wrecked bike. Ever see the Allstate insurance commercial where Mayham crashes that chopper at the end of the street? Might make you laugh but bring back old memories.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
So my buddy went and actually got to test ride the 2007 Blue SV650 and he said it was pretty flawless. The chain was a a little dirty, and the rear seat cowl had some scratches from flying off a while ago. There is also a very small hole in the passenger seat. (You can see it in the picture)

I could only get him down to $4050 so I should be picking it up sometime this week!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts