Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
King of D'bags
3,579 Posts
Saw that a while ago in an issue of Robb Report Motorcycles. As you might expect from being in Robb Report, it's super-pricey. Sure it's a different. But it still uses an H-D motor and I wasn't exactly impressed with anything tech-wise on the thing.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Price tag starting at $65,000usd. Yah, there's nothing revolutionary about it but, it looks cool (IMHO) and I always like to see somebody building something other than another frigging chopper out an American V-twin. Also, I like anything non-chopper that has a motor with less than 4 cyclinders.

·
Registered
500 Posts
For a helluva lot less $ you could just get a MV Agusta Brutale or a Moto Marino Corso

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Yuck, that thing looks like someone went through an aftermarket parts catalog... I'll take this... and this.... and ooh these look cool! And that.. and this... and those.... voila!

A crap pile of expensive parts! WTF is up with the placement of the exhaust... gag.

·
Registered
4,937 Posts
Looks unique but I'm guessing anywhere near that price range I could get a bike with more power and better handling. Hell for that money I could make an SV that would really rock 8)

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
looks kinda ugly to me. kinda looks cluttered like they didn't know where to stick every thing on it. i think for 65,000 they coulda done alot better.

·
Registered
8,397 Posts
arimichael said:
. ...But it still uses an H-D motor and I wasn't exactly impressed with anything tech-wise on the thing.
Wow .. you guys are hard to impress.

I'll play the devil's advocate here. I really like this bike. I love that its a high-end custom with a Harley clone motor that is not a chopper! This dude gets huge props just for that. What it looks like to me is an updated Street-Tracker (think flat-tracker for the street ... granddaddy of the supermotard) which is a very cool, classic concept.

The entire bike is hand-made, uses premium Ohlins suspension front and rear, ISR dual six piston brakes, carbon fiber body work and enough trick billet items to sink a ship. Very impressive spec. tech wise, I'd say.

The motor is by Patrick Racing .. not Harley. I wouldn't knock it till I tried it. I bet it rocks.

Yeah, you could spend the money on many other things. You could buy 4 GSXR1000s! So? Whats the point? Therefore the bike is not worthy of appreciation? Whether any of you would buy one if you had the money is a rather closed off approach to an evaluation.

My guess is that guys who will be buying this bike can afford to buy this and an MV and anything else they want for that matter. (by the way, two of my friends had Brutales and sold them after a short time ... they were less than impressed for a variety of reasons).

Anyway enough advocating for the devil. I'll just add one more thought. After building my SV special (the red one on the front page of the site) I now look at bike builders and their accomplishments in a totally differant light. I appreciate the talent and the extreme effort of small bike builders trying to do something different. They should be applauded for their dedication to the craft, if for nothing else, and for pursuing what is usually a costly, money losing proposition.

I would take this over an MV Brutale any day (well, the 750 version anyway).

·
Registered
4,937 Posts
I don't think we are saying it's a bad bike here. We are just saying there are so many ways to get a better bike. I would have to wonder how much work one could to a harley engine to refine it to the point where say, a current tech twin engine wouldn't have been a better choice but to each their own. How about that with the V-Rod plant worked over, then I would call it a gem.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts