Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went for a ride into PA today and was walking down the street admiring the rows of bikes when I came across this:

It's a BSA British military bike complete with authentic oil leak! Judging from the front plate it was an RAF bike from July 31 1952? I don't know for sure just a guess as the owner was nowhere to be found. Any history buffs know more specifics on it? I'm really into bikes and military history as well so I just thought I'd share. This is the only pic I could get before my cell phone died:( Enjoy!

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think the kickstand amazed me the most, that thing is huge! And I like the fact that he was out riding it rather than it sitting in a museum somewhere.

·
Registered
647 Posts
+1 on that. those bikes were meant to be ridden not to just sit. yea the kickstand is massive. i like the huge shifter and tiny single cylinder motor. anybody know what size of motor that is?

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
+1 on that. those bikes were meant to be ridden not to just sit. yea the kickstand is massive. i like the huge shifter and tiny single cylinder motor. anybody know what size of motor that is?
I think it's a 500cc single

·
Registered
835 Posts
looks like it is a bsa m20 only IIRC m20's had a center stand mostly but ya never know .

Manufacturer Flag of the United Kingdom Birmingham Small Arms Company
Production 1937–1955
Engine 469cc single cylinder side valve 4 stroke
Power 13bhp @4,200 rpm
Transmission 4 Speed / chain
Fuel capacity 3 gallons

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for that info! 13Hp!...Wow!

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
I need to get my dang bikes done so we can ride.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I need to get my dang bikes done so we can ride.
You do! And with any luck I'll have my new ride by then! Or...If I get my new ride soon you could just take the 650? Could be on option...

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
I may take you up on that....let me know how it goes.

if my buddy Song every brings my trailer back, you are welcome to use it to pick up this bike if needed. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
Also, as a tidbit. The pedal on the left side is the brake not a shifter. The English bikes had brakes on left shifter on right.

So did old HD's....

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I may take you up on that....let me know how it goes.

if my buddy Song every brings my trailer back, you are welcome to use it to pick up this bike if needed. :thumbsup:
Thanks for the offer man, but I'm hoping to ride the new girl home...even if I have to toss on my 650's tags...Shhhh! Lol

1 - 20 of 27 Posts