Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
480 Posts
i'd use an autometer over a cheapy tach. why are you on your 4th one? mine went out recently and i sent it in to them for service. they called me within a week and said they fixed it and shipped it right back. i think i paid them $45. when i got it back it was not my old tach. it was a brand new one. the cheapy ones suck, from what i understand, and are not even worth the time of installing them.

· Registered
480 Posts
hmm, interesting. that tach lasted me around 10 track days and half a race weekend. i did crash with it and hit the bezel with my master cylinder banjo bolt during practice, so i may have contributed to the failure, but we'll see how long this one lasts. would have bought a spa, but i got his one for $90 brand new on ebay so it was a no-brainer. i guess one thing i can say is that when it's working, it probably works much better than a cheapy, but i'd be interested to hear about your experience with the cheapy tachs. keep me posted.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.