Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to be ordering everything I need go from my stock GSX-R clip-ons to a set of Bikemaster Daytona bars. All I need to find now is a front brake line. I am not interested in getting all new lines or braided steel (they are already leaps on bounds ahead of the stock brakes now with the rubber lines, and I am happy with them). So all I should need is one new line to go from the GSX-R MC to the caliper (I will reuse the small over-the-fender line).

What are my options? The only options I have found so far (including searching here) are:

• Braided steel. Again, I don't want the extra cost for the minimal gains here. It seems like almost no places do custom rubber line lengths.
  • Kits. Almost every place requires you to buy a kit that I can find so far. I don't need a kit. I'm close to seeing if the hose fittings are the same for the front and rear and just buying a rear line for >$50 and making it work.
  • This is the only place I've found so far that has the ability to make custom length lines out of DOT approved rubber hose. However, I have no clue how much it will cost. Are there any more places like this?

I am probably missing out on obvious options, but I'm getting a bit frustrated. Can someone help point me in the right direction? If I need to go the totally custom route, what size and length (stock + 6"?) hose do I need and what are the exact type of (banjo?) fittings do I need? I have a 2009 GSX-R750 front end installed with the GSX-R MC.

Also, am I out of line in thinking that I should be able to find (or have made) a single rubber brake line (fittings installed, of course) in a length close to what I need for $60 or less?

Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
9,123 Posts
You should be able to purchase a single custom length line from the mc to the caliper with the appropriate end fittings from CycleBrakes in CA. They sell Galfer SS lines. Since a two line set sells for a bit over $100, one line should be in your price range. You would need to give them all the info for your setup. You can install the bar and then use either stiff wire or hose to determine the length of line that you will need. A local race/custom shop in your area probably can make you the hose. Most will use SS, not rubber. Even a dealer sometimes offers this service.

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
I've heard of this place making lines for some Katana and CBR forums and that they're more reasonable price-wise than Galfer/Speigler.

http://www.gandjaircraft.net/index-2.html

The easiest option is trying to find a used set for an 09 GSXR 750. Galfer/Spieglers are quite common and finding a used set (that you inspect well) would be the easiest.

No experience myself with G and J.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Alright, I just ordered from the brake line from cyclebrakes.com ($16 shipping for one cable under 3'!).

I've bought:

• Motion Pro SV650 clutch cable
  • Motion Pro SV650S + 4" throttle cables
  • Bikemaster Daytona handlebars
  • Outlaw Racing handlebar riser clamps
  • Pro Grip Dual Density grips
  • Tag Metal grip glue
  • Galfer brake cable from the MC to the caliper

I'm also probably going to order a grip heater set. Still thinking about it. Anything I missed?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts