Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Long story short, the tires I had ordered aren't coming in anymore and I'd like to look for some local places with competitive prices on Metzler M3s. I've already got a friend at a shop that will mount them, so all I really need is the tires.

So I wondered if there's any real reason to buy locally as opposed to just buying online. I'm not really trying to build rapport with a shop, just get some well priced rubber.

Any suggestions on Phoenix area shops that you guys have used, or places online with good prices. I was ordering from kneedraggers.com (Front $122.99 / Rear 150.99 but ~$50 in shipping :jerkbag: )

Thanks up front for any advice!!

·
Registered
461 Posts
i got my bridgestones from Extreme yamaha on mcdowell and Scottsdale. i got them at separate times so i'm guessing total it was around 250 installed, front and rear. but they did my chain and sprocket at the same time...

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
SWmototires.com is a bit of a ride for you (tuscon) but if you decide to mail-order them, they will at least get to you fast with free shipping.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If I wasn't so impatient I would have my fam pick up a set from sw moto tires and bring them to me on one of their trips to the house. This would have been awesome info a few days ago, seeing as how one aunt made a trip up here for dinner tonight.

Chewbacca, you got a set of rubbers for 250?! That's almost what Ride Now quoted me for the rear alone! I might have to give Extreme a call. I'd even have them install them if they weren't so far away. It makes me nervous riding that far with steel belt exposed on the rear...

·
Registered
752 Posts
Hmm, if you have someone to mount/balance, then I would definitely order them online. Tax savings would be worth it alone if you can get free shipping. The value of getting tires locally is to take advantage of free mounting. When I lived outside of AZ, I ordered from swmototires. When I moved to Phoenix, I would go to Ridenow or Cyclegear and have them match swmototire's price. There is also a place in Scottsdale you could try called American Motorcycle Tire that is pretty competitive. Otherwise, sales on Oneidasuzuki.com or Ronayers.com sometimes offset the shipping charge. Bikebandit.com is one last place to try. Good luck!

·
Registered
461 Posts
don't quote me exactly on that cus i had them done at separate times and i had the chain/sprocket done at the same time so the tire mounting was free since they'd already have the wheel off. call them and get a quote. I ended up with the Bt-021's matched and haven't had a problem with them yet.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts