Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a Gladius and as every knows the stock seat is not comftable. So I decide before I bought a different seat or paid to have the stock one redone I would try to redo it myself. What did I have to lose? That being said I have found some great egg crate type foam that is very compact that I have used to pad the seat. I used two layers of the foam and cut out enough of the stock foam in the back of the seat so that one layer of the foam in the back only fit in the hole. This did away with the slope that made you feel like you were sliding into the tank. So far the little I have ridden it the seat is super comftable. I have some of this foam left over if anyone is interested. I would be glad to sell as I don't need it I used all I need. I will be glad to send you enough to do two layers. I have some pictures but not sure how to post them. Just figured I would past this on to let others try this cheap fix. I should have enough for two more people to try this out if interested.

·
Registered
73 Posts
So basically you took out the staples, cut out the old foam and put better foam in? Sounds great. I have seen the prices for new seats, they are not attractive.

·
Premium Member
178 Posts
Sounds too much like work! jk if I was motivated I would've tried to do this too, but instead I took the lazy route and bought the Suzuki Tall Seat (same seat with more padding) and I liked it a lot. Still like riding on a brick compared to my FJR though!

LT and kodde, kudos for the ingenuity. :)

Jacob

1 - 4 of 4 Posts