Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I looked at all of the 4 options in the tips & tricks section, and I'm just not impressed with any of them . Does anybody else have any DIY fender eliminators ??

·
Registered
30 Posts
It's so easy to make your own with a sheet of aluminum. If you'd like, I can post pics tomorrow. I think mine looks pretty good for the price.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I did mine and it looks great.Get a galvanized sheet mental from home depot or anywhere and cut the stock plastic right behind the turnsignals.I wanted to retain the storage space.I cut the sheet and shaped the license plate holder and turn signal mounts.
I overlapped the sheet otherneat the stock plastic and used the same plastic mounts as sheet metal and I used the rear license plate light bolt for rare mount. This sounds confusing but if you just look otherneat the bike it will all start to make sense.The total cost 7.00.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
youngkow said:
It's so easy to make your own with a sheet of aluminum.  If you'd like, I can post pics tomorrow.  I think mine looks pretty good for the price.
Pics would be good. I did my own on my '03 SV, and it was just super easy to do,but for some reason it just seems more complicated on an older SV ???

1 - 5 of 5 Posts