Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted to watch the Avalanche game today but didnt feel like sitting on the couch for three hours.

So I took the bedroom TV out to the garage and removed the warning stickers from the frame, tank and fairing while watching the game.

Set Up:

Sticker Free!

Since Im out here dorking around I was wondering what other cheap easy things I can do.

All suggestions welcome.

Thanks,
Ben

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
i pulled a couple of stickers off awhile ago too, i think it helps clean it up a bit. i don't like the reflectors on the front forks, so i pulled those off too, the empty holes aren't that noticeable i think.

normally when i have nothing to do on it really, i just check fluid levels, tire pressure, plugs...simple stuff. or i will clean it up really well, totally get under the pipe and get all the grime cleaned off of it.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I gave her a soapy wipe down. Scrubbed to bugs off the front, wiped down the undertail. Would like to get a hugger back there. Im not big into total detailing. Its just going to get dirty next time its out.

Now that Im thinking about it. The previous owner put a Hot Bodies undertail on and the turn signals blink really fast.

I have read that you can put relays in the line to slow it down but I don't know where I read that. Could someone explain that to me or send me a link.

Thanks!

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
what kind of levers do you have?
Those were already on there when I got the bike. Removing the stickers is the only thing Ive ever done to change the bike from the way I got it.

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
what kind of levers do you have?
They're on ebay, about $18. Search for "SV650 levers" and you'll find a ton of them, they come in black, CF, and silver.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Can anyone tell me the difference between these two? I cant figure it out.

Set 1

Set 2

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
i don't really see a difference at all. the second one just has the picture with both the lenses being clear/smoke as the first one has the picture with one amber and one clear/smoke.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah, Im going to get set 1. Sweet!

·
Registered
2,849 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It says on the ebay page that it fits SV650 faired. If not Ill just sell them on CL.

·
Registered
117 Posts
dood! PLEASE tell me you did some riding today! It was BEAUTIFUL out ... well, this afternoon anyway. I did my MSF yesterday & today, and the mornings were nippy, but the afternoons weren't too bad ...
BTW, looks great without the stickers! ;D

·
Registered
2,804 Posts
I tried to remove the warning stickers...but do u guys use a liquid to remove the after sticki stuff? whatever is left off the stickers..

1 - 20 of 21 Posts