1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
238 Posts
yeah, I've seen those. I was thinking about a chatterbox, thought it would be pretty cool for group rides, but would be hard to convince everyone to shell out $200+, self included.

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
those can talk with someone on a chatterbox. so if you already own a frs radio, you're all set

·
Registered
32 Posts
A buddy and I tried the Motorola wirless 2-two radios without a voice-activated mic. Problem is, wind noise is quite loud and the volume on them wasn't enough to compinsate. I've thought about a chatterbox as well. For the money, I'd have to know it would work flawlessly in my Arai RXX7 such that I could hear just fine.

Anyone know if the chatterbox filters out wind noise?

Tige

·
Registered
231 Posts
I use a pair of cheap Motorola FRS/GMRS radios picked up at WalMart for $35 for the pair, and bought two of these headsets from www.handsfreedirect.com

I pad $100 for each headset, But i see they are now $60 each
The headsets have push to talk buttons, not VOX, so no wind noise continuously activating them.
They are used mostly around town, and even with earplugs in are fine up to 55mph or so. I used them to teach my GF to ride in town, pointing out hazards, giving insstructions etc and they were fine for that job.
So, for less than $150, you can get bike to bike communications, A lot easier to get buddies to pay $75 each than $200.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Anybody seen those Firefox throat mics if I knew how to add a link I would but I suck at the internet. ;D

·
Registered
27 Posts
tige said:
A buddy and I tried the Motorola wirless 2-two radios without a voice-activated mic.  Problem is, wind noise is quite loud and the volume on them wasn't enough to compinsate.  I've thought about a chatterbox as well.  For the money, I'd have to know it would work flawlessly in my Arai RXX7 such that I could hear just fine.

Anyone know if the chatterbox filters out wind noise?

Tige
Yeah, wind noise is the problem. I tired a generic headset like the one posted and couldn't use it at normal highway speeds. The other rider had a chatterbox, and I could hear him fine, but all he heard from me was wind. The Autocomm units will allow you to connect any type of radio plus they filter out wind noise. The only problem is they are pretty expensive.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts