Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 189 Posts

·
Premium Member
727 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hoping to meet up with local riders for spirited runs up the nearby mountains.

Let me know!

·
Registered
153 Posts
I am originally from near chattanooga, but live up in knoxville now. Maybe we could make a dragon run or the skyway or something sometime.

·
Premium Member
727 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sure. I have seen your post on the Knoxville thread. That was me on the blue Ninja who posted on that thread two or three weeks back. You are in school correct?

I was thinking about running the Skyway & 129 next weekend if the weather is anywhere close to decent.

·
Registered
153 Posts
What day? Idk what my schedule will be until closer to that weekend so who knows....

·
Premium Member
727 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I will be leaving Chattanooga around 7 in the morning towards Tellico Plains > Cherohala Skyway > Robbinsville > 129 then turn around and do it again.

Let me know if you want to ride.

·
Premium Member
727 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Its official.

I am the only svrider.com member in the 4th largest city in a state of 6.3 million people.

That really sucks

204 Posts
I JUST joined, but I'm in Chattanooga too.

·
Premium Member
727 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Welcome. Glad to see you found the site.
Let me know if you want to make a run up the local mountains or head East towards NC or GA. If the weather holds, I was thinking about a long ride across the Skyway towards Franklin, NC via 28 then back across 129 this weekend-possibly Sunday?

My email is [email protected]

204 Posts
Well I'm about to head out of town but I will be back after the weekend. I'm always riding up and down Lookout or Signal, or blasting down Suck Creek Road. I also recently rode up 75 to 321, thru Maryville and up to Cade's Cove. That was a pretty cool ride but other than that I don't really know of other excellent rides around here.

·
Premium Member
727 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well I'm about to head out of town but I will be back after the weekend. I'm always riding up and down Lookout or Signal, or blasting down Suck Creek Road. I also recently rode up 75 to 321, thru Maryville and up to Cade's Cove. That was a pretty cool ride but other than that I don't really know of other excellent rides around here.
Let me know when you are back. My typical weekend consists of

Saturday: blasting up Suck Creek, thru Sequatchie Valley, back up the back side of Signal, down the W Road then another sprint up and over Suck Creek, turn around and head home.

Sunday: I try to make a long run thru Cleveland, Tellico Plains, across the Cherohala Skyway (an incredible road!) then on to Hwy 129 (the Draggon as some call it).

My riding style is all out thru the twisties. We live in a great part of the world for riding. Ttyl.

204 Posts
I'll shoot you an email when Im back in town but yeah I'm from the Triad in NC and I always thought the riding up there was just fantastic but then I bring my bike down here and Im like 5 miles from Lookout or Signal...so it's like...wowww

204 Posts
Turns out I'm not leaving Chatt until tomorrow morning so I'll be riding all day today more than likely.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hey, I moved to Chatt in Jan and got my SV in Feb. I'm still learning. So, your blasting through Suck Creek my leave me behind, but I don't mind. I'm around most weekends and off on fridays too.

I am game for new riding buddies, especially fellow SV'ers.

·
Premium Member
727 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Sounds like all 3 of us are looking to ride.
I can meet you at the foot of Suck Creek Mt (the bridge over the creek) in an hour?

Lets do it. Daylight is wasting and it is supposed to rain tomorrow.

·
Registered
20 Posts
So, I was just out peddling my bicycle for some exercise when this guy rides by on an SV with a great exhaust. I turn out on the road and chase him down to the next light. (I got lucky.) I pass a car and pull up to him and ask what kind of pipe it is. He looks at it and says, "Uhh, it's made in Colorado. It's loud. Isn't it?" About this time the light turns green and he pulls the front wheel up followed by a slightly wobbly wheelie at the balance point.

At least I saw that it was a tri-oval carbon fiber (or black) stubby pipe. It was somewhere around 14 inches long. Any of you guys around here seen or know this guy? The bike was a 2nd gen, blue or silver, but looked like it might have been multi-color.

Anyhow, sorry I haven't ridden enough lately. They have been late evening/night short runs. My suspension parts should be coming in soon. I think I'll be out doing some testing in the near future ;)

·
Premium Member
727 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I know a guy who goes by the nickname of "Heavy." He rides a dark gray SV1000 with black helmet. This guy is wicked fast and loves to pull the front end up. I chased him down the back side of Suck Creek and caught him at the BP station. We rode back to town where I jumped in front of him for about 1 mile. He smoked me on an uphill sweeper and he dissapeared from there. He was daammnned fast.

1 - 20 of 189 Posts