Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just as an FYI to the NY/NJ folks. I'm happy to help out with any work on the SVs, tires, brakes, cables, FE, fork springs, rear shock swap, whatever else we can muddle thru. I'm by no means a professional but I do have a fair amount of tools and the garage to do it in. A modest donation to my bar fridge is more than enough (12 pack of some cool microbrew).

Just thought i'd throw it out there since I've had a bunch of people ask for help in the past.

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
I thought you were going to looking for dating advice. ;)

Jason, I hope have the opportunity to spill some more oil in your driveway some day. I will bring some warm Bud Lite to clean the driveway and something for the fridge too!

·
Registered
3,655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I thought you were going to looking for dating advice. ;)

Jason, I hope have the opportunity to spill some more oil in your driveway some day. I will bring some warm Bud Lite to clean the driveway and something for the fridge too!
If you want to bring over hot strippers as payment instead of a 12 pack of beer i won't complain much....

·
Registered
3,773 Posts
I've got a bit of a "thunk" in my front end (SV) when I get on the brakes, care to diagnose it over the internet?

My guess is I've got to tighten the steering head, do I need a special tool for that? If so, do you have it?

·
Registered
3,655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thunk? Do you have a feel for if its coming from lower down or up in the steering column?

Stupid question but are the caliper bolts tight? Shouldn't be hard to figure out since there isn't much up front. Either its the brakes, suspension, or the steering all can be checked pretty quickly. I don't recall needing a special tool (didnt need one for my 2000).

·
Registered
3,773 Posts
It's in the steering, I can see a little bit of play when coming to a total stop while on the front brake. I thought it might need a spanner wrench or something, but now I'm second guessing myself. You can try it out on saturday, it's been the exact same for a while, I'm not worried about it failing and am riding it normally.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts