Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious what tape or engine oil everyone is using in there sv650,anyone using mobile one.

·
Registered
17,602 Posts
I like using heated sebum. Problem is that you have to keep the engine running all the time, else it solidifies and gums up the engine. It is a saturated fat, after all.

User's manual. Get it. Read it. Safe yourself some hassle and well-deserved razzing.

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Just get yourself a good moto specific synthetic oil and call it a day. 10w-40 5w40 whatever. Just dont put cheap car oil in there

·
Registered
856 Posts
i decided to shop walmart for mc oil ,sure enough mobil 1 and there was an old mc guy dressed in his full leathers doing the same thing and i asked him about the "v twin" and the "4c" one 10w40 one 20w50 i figured vtwin has gotta be harleys but i think the motul i get is 10/40 semi synth this stuff is full synthetic.The old guy said it was just the viscosity, no other difference he claimed to be some sort of mileage champ for the the last couple of years running mobile one in his "old"92 bmw 750 triple which had 600,000 miles on it. Also sort of interesting, well we're talking oil, yesterdays oil change was done with the left overs from the last 3 gallons of semi synthetic motul i used ,one of them was a bit darker,just kind of odd.

·
Premium Member
9,691 Posts
I change my underwear on a daily basis, not sure if that helps.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Where is my clutch? Are you talking about Oiling something on the bike? 10W-40? 10 inches wide? by 40 feet? But my bike is only 83 inches long....Im lost. Oil is slippery usually... But I think I would use WD-40 in lieu of OIL. I hear that stuff is dabomb. The only filter i have is on my water faucet.

Everyone keeps talking about a MANUAL. I DRIVE A 6 SPEED. SO ITS MANUAL...my car is a 5 speed manual...and you cant READ it. ( I think it says 12345R though)

·
Registered
490 Posts
I don't need a fluid transfer. I drink water so I'm good. I'm a clutch hitter for my work softball team. Only fluid there is smooth sailing motion.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts