Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
881 Posts
all you need is a 12 mm socket wrench. some alon wrenches depending on what year you have.

and new pads.

you also mite need a stander ed screw driver. but this is only for priming the pistons.

·
Registered
639 Posts

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
to change the pads, you just need to buy the correct pads to fit. All that is reqd. is pulling the bolts to remove the calipers from the rotor, then remove the pads (on my 2nd gen fronts, there is a little cotter pin you need to pull to remove the "bolt" to get the pads off the caliper). then just put the pads back on - you may need to relieve some pressure in the lines by removing the master cylinder lid and manually push the pistons apart to fit the pads back on (DONT SPILL FLUID ON PAINT). Then just rebolt calipers back on and you should be good to go... It seemed like a good time to upgrade my lines, pads and fluid over winter - I'd never done brakes on a bike before and so far they feel solid but I am gonna rebleed once more.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
I need to do the same. My front brakes are pretty much not there. :p

I ordered pads last week supposed to be delivered today.

Riding with only a rear brake makes u a better rider... right?

·
BannedCampCounselor
9,911 Posts
im confused in buying the pads, they say left and right. So I purchase both the left and the right for the front im assuming, but what do i get for the rear?
Yes, both left and right for the front.
Does it say left and right for the rear as well? ;) You only need one set for the rear as it only has 1 rotor in the rear.

·
Banned
296 Posts
Doesn't the manual recommend changing the brake fluid every other year? Water seaps into the lines thru osmosis (sp?)... If you do, use DOT 4 (higher boiling temp than 3) and make sure you bleed the lines after.

·
Banned
296 Posts
I just did mine last week and make sure you clean the caliper pistons with toothbrush and spay a little silicon before you push them in ......was easy to do and much more bake now :) I have 20k on my bike
Is that like "Shake & Bake" Ricky Bobby?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts