Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I'm new (again) to the forum.  I used to have a '00 blue SV650 that I still miss to this day. I'm getting ready to get another bike, and am looking hard at used SV650s.  My question is, is it possible to switch clip-on bars to the stock handlebars w/o too much trouble?  Any experience/thoughts on this would be appreciated.  I've noticed that a lot of the used SVs have been converted to clip-ons, which I hate. 

Thanks!

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Why do you hate clip ons? Is it because of the seating position? If so you can convert to helibars which rise the clip ons up to stock bar height. If the bike was converted to clip ons and still have the same top triple you can easily reconvert it to accept a good renthal or stock bar. If not Ive heard of people drilling holes into there triple to accept the mounts for a bar. However i don't know if i would go that route.

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the input.  I find the Convertibars interesting, but don't know if it would be necessary for me, since I'd probably have them in the "cranked up" position most of the time.  :)  I called my local Suzuki dealer and talked to the guy in service, and he said it would be no problem to switch back to stock bars. 

1 - 4 of 4 Posts