Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
History: http://www.bayarearidersforum.com/f...threadid=130502

Basically, bike needed a valve adjustment carb sync. Was running much better when I got it back from Shawn however it was still making weird clattering noise while moving (couldn't replicate revving bike only).

In the past couple weeks of riding the bike around the noise has gotten progressively worse. Still not particularly loud--if you didn't ride the bike every day you wouldn't notice the noise above the engine. But today it backfired on decel and ran roughly. When I got back from work I thought I'd change the oil and give the air filter a once over. When I got things back together and tried to run the bike it sputtered, stalled, backfired, basically ran like shit. I turned around and put it right back in the garage. I don't think I'd have been able to make it a block without it stalling.

Not sure what's happened. I didn't overfill the oil. Any ideas?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
chocked it a bit when i started it, then turned it off. with choke on it just rev'ed up to 3-4k. higher than usual.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Are ya sure the carbs are synced properly.  Will it start up and run under idle?  If so check the pipes and see if ya got a cold cylinder.  Sounds kinda like the first place to start to me. Or possibly timing chain too tight?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
vacuum hose was split and had fallen off. i cut the split end off and reattached... bike started fine.

thanks everyone.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts