Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Always was annoyed that you had to take off the rear plastics to check or change the rear brake fluid. also the tube from the resevoir to the rear MC is almost 2 feet long and weighs 10 pounds.

so i painted the resevoir black and ghetto mounted it where the subframe meets the frame. i don't use the plastic triangle covers, so i can see and get to the back fluid easy.

also mounted the computer in the spot where the resevoir used to be giving some extra trunk space.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Mike, I didn't realize you were gonna put the 'puter there. Seems awfully close to the R/R to me. A whole lot of BTUs right next to sensitive electronics doesn't seem like the best idea to me, but who am I to blow against the wind?

·
Premium Member
6,199 Posts
Even easier....
I used a gen2 reservoir because it has a straight spigot, not an angled one like stock gen1...

·
Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
nice.. those are two good thoughts.

the 'puter doesn't really touch the R/R. but i was thinking it was a bad idea. maybe i'll zip tie in some insulation or something there.

·
Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
unfortunately the other side now holds my automatic trunk pop mechanism.
running out of sides.

·
Registered
536 Posts
misko said:
Yah. It's really nice. Nice enough, in fact, that I'm considering ditching my Givi rear seat box (awesome for commuting), just so that I can install the touch-button rear seat unlock. It's really the tits.

I guess it was about time that Mike did something that impressed me ... :eek:

·
Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
e lo said:
Yah. It's really nice. Nice enough, in fact, that I'm considering ditching my Givi rear seat box (awesome for commuting), just so that I can install the touch-button rear seat unlock. It's really the tits.

I guess it was about time that Mike did something that impressed me ... :eek:
you mean living my life in near constant dispair doesn't make you jealous??

1 - 9 of 9 Posts