Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, have had my bike for a couple of months now and it needed a good chain cleaning. Finally got the stuff and got to work... ton of crud came off of it and had a couple of rust spots - now gone. Did a bunch of spraying and wiping, then finally some spray wax for lube. Heck of a difference.
Of course, now the rear sprocket looked like crap, so started wiping that down. Then I see the Swingarm... well, start cleaning that up. From the corner of my eye, I see my poor wheel looking cruddy... guess I'll clean that up too. After a couple of hours, figured I better get her all washed up... tomorrow (just stop looking for now) (y)

Anyway, chain came out great and new rear stand worked great. Now I just want to ride.

Last pic is the before...

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
You might be interested in ACF50 service fluid(Originally made for the Aircraft industry).

Seems a tad expensive but it's not as it goes a long way. Spray a few drops onto a rag and wipe your chain with it to give protection against corrosion.

I've been using it over 15 years on my Motorcycles on chains/electrical connectors, coolant hoses and plastics and fasteners.

HTH :)

Reactions: Armando G
1 - 2 of 2 Posts