Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
I think oneidea suzuki has them painted to match or in carbon fiber I'll check it out and letchya know, I've seen what the post above was talking about in paint to match and carbon fiber too I just personaly think a hugger takes away from the "sporty" rear end look and looks out of place and ugly (if you allready eliminated the stock fender) but too each his/her own. 8)

·
Registered
899 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for all the info! I don't want to go the hugger route, I like the cleaner look without it. As far as taking the guard off, I don't like the lube getting all over the place! So, we'll see whats out there!

J

·
0 Posts
You can always try to rattle can it for a different look. It will cost about $2 or so for a can and if done right will help your bike stand out more.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I'm with you cyclerider; I hate the way "huggers" look and I didn't want to go without a guard nor did I want one that stood out. I trimmed my stock one with an x-acto knife so it looks stock, but doesn't stick out much past the rear mounting bolt... $0 mod and looks good.

D

·
0 Posts
glad I'm not the only one that think huggers look like a big zit on the nice sporty image the SVS's have.

D

·
0 Posts
like I said to each his own, I'm not going to jab at your bike cause everyone has their own tastes, likes, and dislikes.......huggers just aren't one of my likes thats all.

·
Registered
899 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Definitely each to there own! The hugger chain guard looks good, but I like the idea of trimming the stock guard. Thanks for the idea. I'll give it a try.

·
Registered
498 Posts
cyclerider105 said:
Thanks for all the info! I don't want to go the hugger route, I like the cleaner look without it. As far as taking the guard off, I don't like the lube getting all over the place! So, we'll see whats out there!
Have you ever riden with it off? Mine has been off well over a year with no issues.

·
BannedCampCounselor
9,911 Posts
ronlarimer said:
Have you ever riden with it off?  Mine has been off well over a year with no issues.
same here. only because i cant afford a hugger yet....

Treoff- is your bike lowered in the front and rear?

·
Registered
597 Posts
Yea, that was a pic from when I dropped it 4".

You can see the fork tie downs in the first pic and the aluminum dog bones in the second pic.

·
Registered
899 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hey, If you have taken your chain guard off, how much crap do you get flying off your chain. I try to lube every 400 miles!

·
Registered
68 Posts
I lube my chain often also, and only had minor fly-off issues without the guard. Try Chain Wax. Apply it to a warm chain and park the bike. Works great.

Actually the reason I didn't leave it off is even more anal: I didn't like the way the mounts looked on the swingarm with nothing attached, and I didn't want to cut them off because I need to sell it eventually and want it as stock as possible.

·
Registered
238 Posts
I bought mine without a chainguard (fender eliminator installed) and it flings lube everywhere. I was going for a polished alum. chainguard but will probably save for the hugger instead.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts