Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
13,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
... should have 1 tone, and 1 tone alone. A subtle, quiet, non-threatening tone that lets you know when it rings.

It should NOT be your favorite song, the pre-loaded Bethoven bullsh-t that they put on them, or some other crap to allow you to express your individuality.

And for God's sake, turn it down to a reasonable level! :angry1: There is absolutely no reason at all why you need to have your phone turned up to the highest level imaginable so it's even ear-piercing from across the office. Pointless! Rude! Immoral! :angry1:

This is why I wear earphones in the office!

·
BannedCampCounselor
9,911 Posts
No, you're wrong.
You're right.

I have a few different ringtones, and each one is setup to let me know who is calling without me having to look at the phone (or be in the same room even).
Certain friends have one ring, girls have another, g/f has her very own, best friend has his own, parents have their own, people I dont talk to often have their own, and people I dont want to talk to or numbers not programmed in my phone have their own: "Who Can It Be Now" by Men At Work.

If I hear it ringing in the other room and I can decide if Im going to stop what Im doing and answer it just by listening to the ringtone.

·
Registered
802 Posts
mine stays on vibrate because I think cell phone ring tones are phacking annoying.

·
Registered
563 Posts
What # is this pet peeve?

;D
****! Beaten to it... I was gonna say based on the previous "cell phone camera" thread that it's 233, right?

Anywho though... I don't download ringtones, but I actually intentionally find the most obnoxious stock ringtone in the phone and set it as the default, cuz I often use my cell phone as my alarm clock, and if it's something soft and soothing to Mike's tastes, I won't think "holy crap what is that noise? I better get up and shut it off"...

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
i always keep my phone on vibe at work or other occasions that call for it, but i have to say that having a individual ringtone is much better because that way you don't have to check your phone everytime some one near you gets a call, as well as like stated before i have seperate ringtones for whoever is calling, lets me know if say Mom is calling and i should answer or if it is some one not important that can wait. And for those of us who have less than ideal hearing the ring may need to be at a high level to be able to hear it, but i also don't let it ring and ring, that annoys the sh!t out of me.

·
Registered
8,834 Posts
For the record, I absolutely hate cell phones. With a passion. Sure, they serve a purpose. Yeah, emergencies, blah blah. I know. Still hate 'em. Hate carrying one, using one, hearing them, seeing them.

Sometimes it's nice to be unreachable.

·
OberKommandant
6,133 Posts
For the record, I absolutely hate cell phones. With a passion. Sure, they serve a purpose. Yeah, emergencies, blah blah. I know. Still hate 'em. Hate carrying one, using one, hearing them, seeing them.

Sometimes it's nice to be unreachable.
That's exactly why mine has an "off" button, and a "silent" mode.

·
Registered
8,834 Posts
That's exactly why mine has an "off" button, and a "silent" mode.
Werd. Mine stays off, or ringer off 99% of the time.

My work cell, however, has to stay on due to being Manager On Call. :BangHead:

I've killed quite a few phones over the years. Seems they just don't hold up to being thrown across the room. :p

·
Registered
5,174 Posts
It's only rude depending on environment. If some moron has the ringer turned up to 100% volume in the office, movie theater or other public area, they need to be shot.

Vibrate is good, more people need to use it.

The ringer that actually annoyed me most was the SOS one.

·
Registered
9,110 Posts
I like to think the only reason I have one is because it's supplied by work. Of course, I do have all the other modern day gadgets, so I'd probably have one of those, too.

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
The ringer that actually annoyed me most was the SOS one.
I think you mean the "SMS" one for text messages.

I'm not afraid to let my phone go to voice mail if I don't want to be reachable. Then I just check it afterwards to see if it's really an emergency or whether it's just time wasting.

1 - 20 of 79 Posts