Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
agreed, slicks for all classes-- just like you can run rains for all classes. there was a guy on a motard who was in the LWSS race last weekend at LRRS, and he had slicks on his bike for the SS class. i would never say anything about that particular infraction but technically that's illegal.

·
Registered
621 Posts
agreed, slicks for all classes-- just like you can run rains for all classes. there was a guy on a motard who was in the LWSS race last weekend at LRRS, and he had slicks on his bike for the SS class. i would never say anything about that particular infraction but technically that's illegal.

When I started with CCS in 99, supersport classes could NOT use rains. We just used street tires instead of DOT race. ;D

Motard guy would had been DQ'ed if he finished top 3 in post race tech.

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
How much of a difference is there between a given DOT and it's equivalent slick? Say, from an SC1 DOT to an SC1 slick. From everything I've read, pretty much none - correct? Maybe the slick wears a little better, but odds are that if you had someone else pull the warmers off for you and you didn't look, you couldn't tell.

·
Registered
9,975 Posts
If you are running Bridgestone their slick is brilliant, and their DOT (003) is....not as brilliant.
I have no issues with the 003R in the rear. They dont make the R for 160, only the RS which is a street tire.

·
Registered
3,023 Posts
i ran BT003 RS front and rear for the first time at Summit last month, had rode Mich Power Race only before. I had little problem with them, a little rear end sliding out a few times, but I just had to be mindful of it and it could also be from my crap GSXR rear shock :(

·
Registered
9,975 Posts
Summit is slippery to begin with and you are also using a street tire. I was sliding both tires through 6 and 10 at times.

·
Registered
11,100 Posts
yep same turns, the worst slide i had was after passing the Kawi650 in 6 and the photog actually had a pretty good pic of it, back end was a few inches left more than I liked :)
I think we both had to make that tight pass in the T6-8 range to pass Marti

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.