Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, this has probably been asked before but what classes can you use slicks in on an SV650 with CCS out of these classes - LWSS, LWSB, LWGP, GTL, Thunderbike. thanks

·
Registered
9,569 Posts
LWsb, LWGP, GTL, TBK

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
agreed, slicks for all classes-- just like you can run rains for all classes. there was a guy on a motard who was in the LWSS race last weekend at LRRS, and he had slicks on his bike for the SS class. i would never say anything about that particular infraction but technically that's illegal.

·
Registered
10,246 Posts
They are going to need to since most of the manufacturers are saying F the 160 DOT

·
Registered
618 Posts
agreed, slicks for all classes-- just like you can run rains for all classes. there was a guy on a motard who was in the LWSS race last weekend at LRRS, and he had slicks on his bike for the SS class. i would never say anything about that particular infraction but technically that's illegal.

When I started with CCS in 99, supersport classes could NOT use rains. We just used street tires instead of DOT race. ;D

Motard guy would had been DQ'ed if he finished top 3 in post race tech.

·
Registered
3,572 Posts
How much of a difference is there between a given DOT and it's equivalent slick? Say, from an SC1 DOT to an SC1 slick. From everything I've read, pretty much none - correct? Maybe the slick wears a little better, but odds are that if you had someone else pull the warmers off for you and you didn't look, you couldn't tell.

·
Registered
9,569 Posts
If you are running Bridgestone their slick is brilliant, and their DOT (003) is....not as brilliant.
I have no issues with the 003R in the rear. They dont make the R for 160, only the RS which is a street tire.

·
Registered
9,569 Posts
never used stone slick. Will know next race weekend ( if my bridgestone money comes in )

·
Registered
9,569 Posts
Summit is slippery to begin with and you are also using a street tire. I was sliding both tires through 6 and 10 at times.

·
Registered
3,546 Posts
never used stone slick. Will know next race weekend ( if my bridgestone money comes in )
You will like the slick - the 003 is definitely not up to par.

I've been using the R10 front this year and am really liking it. 003 rear for super sport, slick rear for all else. (I don't have enough rims to swap to a slick front).

·
Registered
10,246 Posts
yep same turns, the worst slide i had was after passing the Kawi650 in 6 and the photog actually had a pretty good pic of it, back end was a few inches left more than I liked :)
I think we both had to make that tight pass in the T6-8 range to pass Marti

1 - 20 of 23 Posts