Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I am looking at this cb 750. 1976. The guy wants 1300 I offered 1000. He has the title and it is running. Rusty in the normal spots. Is this a good deal or just a ehh deal and keep looking.

Patrick

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
That's really old.
Mileage, tires, chain, shocks, compression, leakdown, & etc.
How much intact metal is left at the bottom corners of the tank?
That's one to bring in an expert in person for.

·
Registered
4,830 Posts
If it is a super sport then heck yeah it's worth it... especially if it is in decent shape and mostly original. Figure any motorcycle that runs is worth at least $500.

I sold a far less desirable but well sorted '79 CB750 back in 2008 for $1500.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Honda sohc 4 parts are plentiful, and they really can be made to run pretty reliably. Well, as reliable as vintage bikes can get.

1K is a good price, if its running, titled, and most importantly maintained. Modern bikes can really spoil you when it comes to this cause getting all 4 carbs synced up and running right can be a pain.

every one I've swung a leg over tended to develop a leak around the head gasket. Make sure to check for leaks there cause if there is you'll probably have to drop and resto the engine. I hope you know how to work on your own bike.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
When I was in college I purchased a new 1974 CB750 (November 1974). Sold the bike in 1990...sometimes wish I still had it. Boy, time flys.

·
Registered
8,290 Posts
IMO, $1,300 for a running CB is a fair deal. There is a lot of demand for them these days, with all of the restos and cafe conversions going on.

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
They do tend to last well. Sold my 83 650 after 23 original owner years.
Still ran, but the carbs tended to stuff up regularly at the last.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Without seeing pics and or more details, 1300 could be a good deal if you are planning to ride it as is, or mod it and ride it. If you are looking to flip something for profit, unless it is mint, keep looking.

There are lots of cb750s out there, but they aren't making any more of them, tons are getting parted out or cafe'd, and the one you describe is one of the currently more desirable singe overhead cam (SOHC) models.

If it runs and rides with title, your potential downside is pretty limited when spending only 1300 to start with; could probably ride it for 5 or ten years and sell it for the same or more...that's what I like, free ride time!

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
thanks guys. I mostly like wrenching on the bikes, and I have a empty garage so just looking for a cheap (base) project for the winter. Thanks for the info.

Patrick

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.