Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my MTB BM-500 G bar end cat eye mirror today, cost $10. First of all it's very light in weight as it was made for a pedel mountain bike and not a motorcycle. 100% plastic so this puppy is toast if you side swipe anything or lay it down let alone just falling over in your driveway. I'm thinking the mirror it's self will be beat down by any winds over 30mph but we'll see. But I think some tweaking to the ball mount and some added support tape might keep the mirror stable.

Looks damn pretty don't it.

pic edited to make everyone happy. ;)

On the bar end, and not super low where you would loose track of the road ahead of you. Stock mirrors show in it's orginal postion too for comparison.

Well report more when I get to do some long distance and high speed driving.

·
BannedCampCounselor
9,911 Posts
Re: Cat eye bar in mirror: a first look...

Bar end mirrors are weird at first, because your turning your head a little more in order to see behind you.
I have the 3rd eye one and its a little lower, and smaller.
But its cheaper to replace if you go down than stock mirrors.

Why is there a girl fisting herself in the 1st pic?

·
Registered
1,274 Posts

dackler said:
Bar end mirrors are weird at first, because your turning your head a little more in order to see behind you.
I have the 3rd eye one and its a little lower, and smaller.
But its cheaper to replace if you go down than stock mirrors.

Why is there a girl fisting herself in the 1st pic?
i also noticed this haha

·
Premium Member
9,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

birthday card from my old bitch roommate Amy from like 8 or 9 years ago. I liked it so much I kept it on my fridge since.

Got her up past 60mph and the mirror held it's position. Little shakey at the lower RPMs but looks like I'll be ordering the right side mirror next chance I get to stop by the bike shop.

:)

·
Registered
321 Posts

are those SM bars??

·
Premium Member
9,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
you could barely see what she was doing.

·
Premium Member
9,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Northwind said:
Am I alone in thinking that just looks goofy?
yes it's looks goofy and it won't when I order the right side mirror now that I know I like the way the left side one works. And when that happens I'll take another pic so I don't have to re-explain what I've already stated in my 2nd post of this thread. ::)

·
Registered
7,347 Posts
Don't you ::) at me young man ;) I don't mean that one of each looks goofy, I mean the bar-end mirror itself just looks wrong to me. It grates, just like a really small number plate can.

Just stating an opinion is all.

·
Premium Member
9,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Northwind said:
Don't you ::) at me young man ;) I don't mean that one of each looks goofy, I mean the bar-end mirror itself just looks wrong to me. It grates, just like a really small number plate can.

Just stating an opinion is all.
Okay then, I take back my ::). Well if someone would come up with better looking mirrors to replace the stock one's that arn't like $5,000 I'd buy a set.

:)

·
Registered
7,347 Posts
Is it Napoleon that do the ones that stick right out the end? Look great, probably pretty useless...

Oberon just started doing some, they're not cheap though- Oberon stuff never is. Similiar to the ones you have there but a bit less chunky.

All I know is, if I fitted any of them, my bike wouldn't fit through the garage door anymore ;)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts