Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to get some nice looking Case covers for my SVs(03).
basically for the bling....woodcraft has nice ones but on their site they dont seem to list any for the sv.
Anyone know of any other company's that make em.
There was a pic of a guy with a clear clutch case cover over on sv650.org.....very trick but i emailed the company he got it from and they want 250 british pounds so about 600 canadian dollars for it...outrageous.

·
Registered
41 Posts
woodcraft case covers are under development (or so i'm told) look for them late this year or early 05....

·
Registered
830 Posts
01blueFLsv said:
woodcraft case covers are under development (or so i'm told) look for them late this year or early 05....
anybody have a link to that old post of the TL1000S that had the custom clear clutch cover. it was amazing. Had custom liquid black paint, hugger with flames on it. looking for the pics, but can't find them anymore. It was a nice looking bike. might have started out red or blue, then had a trackday mishap and was rebuilt??

·
Registered
7,347 Posts
Holy old thread Batman! In case anyone missed, the first post is from 2004- Woodcraft do now make covers for the SV (in silver, and in black)

·
Registered
7,347 Posts
I've never really been too convinced by those. Maybe if you could actually see into the engine, they'd be cooler, but all you see is the clutch basket and a bit of oil splash. I want seethrough cylinder barrels ;)

·
Registered
830 Posts
any material science engineers out there.. time to make some clear steel or clear aluminum. start mixing chemicals!!

does anybody remember those pics i was talking about? any links??

·
Registered
7,347 Posts
yellow650 said:
any material science engineers out there.. time to make some clear steel or clear aluminum.  start mixing chemicals!!
Hey, they had it in Star Trek IV... And it was made way back in '86. If it was in films 20 years ago, surely it should be on bikes by now?

·
Registered
830 Posts
Northwind said:
Hey, they had it in Star Trek IV... And it was made way back in '86. If it was in films 20 years ago, surely it should be on bikes by now?
haha.. i was thikning of that when i wrote the post, but didn't want to sound like the huge dork that i am...

·
Registered
7,347 Posts
I just want it known that I didn't know which Star Trek film it was off the top of my head, i had to google it. Honest.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I installed clear one on friends Bimota couple months ago.it is just plexiglass.
clutch covers that are available out there are only for first generation sv.I dont know of anybody making one for second.

·
Premium Member
6,199 Posts
TWF said:
I installed clear one on friends Bimota couple months ago.it is just plexiglass.
clutch covers that are available out there are only for first generation sv.I dont know of anybody making one for second.
gen1 and gen2 have different clutch covers?

·
Registered
449 Posts
Wouldn't the stock one be lighter though, judging from your pics above?

Grav.

PS. Nevermind it's for bling only, I just noticed the subject line.

·
Registered
7,347 Posts
GraVitY said:
PS.  Nevermind it's for bling only, I just noticed the subject line.
Not just bling... Crash protection too. Hole an engine case and get gravel inside and it's a complete stip-down and hope nothing's fubared. Not that you're especailly likely to grind an SV case, of course, with the narrowness.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts