Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,199 Posts
Being that it's in Carlisle, it's probably a big Harley fest.

I was there once but that was a long time ago.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I've heard that it's not, actually. A lot of people from Adventur Rider are heading down (mostly Beemer, KTM guys) but they say it's sportbike friendly, too.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I went last year when they had the OCC guys there. The amount of people there was absolutely crazy. This year I would imagine it should be a little more normal.

It is a mainly Harley event, but there are still a fair amount of sportbikes there. I would say about 70/30. I was a little disappointed that there wasn't more of a manufacturer presence, but overall it was a worthwhile way to spend an afternoon. I would be going again this year, but I'm headed to the AMA races at Mid-Ohio that weekend :D

·
Registered
66 Posts
I'll definately be heading down to the show....post up if you want to put a ride together......I think there are actually a ton of sportbikes and sport tourers there, lots of cruisers too but a way better mix than any other bike show. The shows normally pretty fun and they always have some bikes that you can take out and demo, i got to take an aprillia mille out 2 yrs ago, last year i belive were the buell 12r........Shows a pretty good time, also there is some sweet riding through the mountains around carlise.....

Post up if youre going.....

im from Hershey and can meet up anywhere on the way

·
Registered
210 Posts
i wouldn't mind meeting up with any SVrider folks from the philly area and heading up. sounds like a good time

·
Premium Member
367 Posts
I'm heading up there with a ton of other riders from the Chambersburg/Shippensburg area on sat morning.

A buddy of mine said there are gonna be close to 50 bikes in our group...

That should be fun.

·
Registered
140 Posts
http://forum.svrider.com/showthread.php?t=103548

In Carlisle PA July 17-19 during the Carlisle Bike Fest, we will be having Fighter Fest 09! We are only part of a bigger event, but that gives us all the ammenities of a big show and all the cool **** of a grassroots show in our little corner!

For more info check out www.fighterfest.com

Its a show to gather together the custom fighters and their riders of the US and help raise awareness of the custom naked bike scene.

last year we had our own judged fighter only show as well as about 5 vendors in the area. this year is expected to have much much more!

Rooms and accomodations are available locally. we book rooms at some resort down some very twisty road for about 80 a night. we get the whole building to ourselves and its a very good time.

good people. custom bikes. fun fun fun!

see you there!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts