Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After driving my sv 650s in naked form for a year....I made some adjustments...I gota k&N dynojet kit and followed instructions along with the John's page on this site.....It is very helpful. I put in the new needles, drilled the pilot hole, changed primary jets to 138...It was then that I noticed the stock ones are 137.5! I did not think that would change it much, but....I was surprised to get a 50 degree Sunday in NEMO in January, but surprised even more at how my bike was performing! My front wheel comes up easily in 1st and 2nd! In stock form it just barely came up when you worked at it - Not now!
My question is How will I know how rich is too rich? I have a 142 jet I may switch out to. I may need it since my free flowing exhaust is basically straight pipes with 2 HD screaming eagle inserts. I think I should try to put in the 142s, but maybe it is fine now....how do I know if now it is still lean?

·
Registered
2,749 Posts
not that I have done this but the only true way to know is Dyno but a lot of people on this board do it by feel and checking the spark plugs.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts