Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Question. I stripped down my carbs today as the front was leaking into the engine, and that was causing the engine to be flooded, and was filling up the exhaust with gas, and when I leaned up my bike from kickstand, i'd get a nice cold splash of gas on my pants. But my carbs where never touched in what looked like the last 10 years! :evil6: It was all gummed up and guess what, the float needle was pitted/slightly dented. so NEW FLOAT needle. but question is.. My current exhaust slipon is stock, and slightly beat. Well when I mean slightly, its really beat!

So.. 2 questions. What are the names/brands of the exhaust slipons that you can get where they don't stick out the side/undertail they sit under the bike. Sorta like the one on the SVRider logo.

Also, will one of those work on the stock headers, I assumed so if they we're short enough. I had a friend who has moved and I lost contact with who had strait pipes like that, maybe 8 inches long. Not loud at all. but was like 1/2 the weight of the stock pipe. and gave him wonderful low end back pressure, all I remember is they were anodized black, with blue anodized tips/lips at the end.

I'll keep searching.. Because I really would like to rid of my beat exhaust slipon, ugly and has holes from a lowside from PO. And also re-jet while I have everything apart. Looks like I'm taking the bus to work for at least 2 weeks!

After this.. I'll be looking into new rims. :lmao::rock:

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
They dont sell the muffler your looking for as a direct bolt on .........you'd have to fab one up from an 06 or newer GSXR er somethin.

& i guarantee this.......it will be loud as HELL!!

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Doesn't matter my carbs blowing gas. and everything on it is bad... Going to have to replace 80% of my carbs... -_- all well, its only money.

I swear it hasn't been touched in 10 years....

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Once you work on these carbs, you'll realize theres not much to em......
There really isn't. but the problem is. that little gasket/rubber piece that connects the front [bad] carb to the choke cable. It broke yesterday from being so brittle. and I cannot find the part name anywhere for it.. Would you by any chance. know what that parts called? maybe a bikebandit part#?

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Couldn't work on the bike today, and left the carbs in, but I snapped some pictures on my way out. Its the part where the choke cable connects to the carb, and there's a little brass spacer on it held in with a little brass screw. Here's my best shots I could get. Sorry about the size...

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm thinking about maybe lathing up some hard rubber.. Don't know if its fuel grade tho. I figured if I soaked the piece of rubber in some gas for like a few days. and it doesn't fall apart or change the gas colors it'd be safe? lol

edit: or if anyone knows where I could get a block of fuel grade rubber. that'd be nice too.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts