Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I finally got to finish the carb cleaning on the bike
http://forum.svrider.com/index.php?topic=46498.0
Pulling the carbs was fairly easy. The pilot jets were completely clogged. I messed up when I drilled out the plug for the pilot screw. Both times the bit popped through and turned the screw all the way in. I figured it was no big deal to set them at 2 1/2 turns out like the bikes they sell everywhere but in the USA.

Anyway, got everything nice and clean, set the pilot screws to 2 1/2 turns, then put it all back together.
Success! It started right up and idled perfect. It sounds kick ass with that Two Brothers pipe on it. I took it for a little spin and it ran like a top. I've never owned (or ridden) a twin. That motor is sweet.

I could feel that the front end wasn't quite right. I know the forks are bent, but I'm not sure if I have any other issues. I think the bars might be bent a little too.

I'm going to change all the fluids today, then take a ruler and see what else is bent from its abusive PO.
See ya
Mikemo

·
Premium Member
6,199 Posts
Sounds too easy!
That's the exact reason I bought an SV... only 2 cylinders = 2 carbs, not like an I4...

Bars and fork tubes are really easy.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Right, I know that was probably not the best idea. However, the forks are just barely bent inward. You really can't even see it unless you look with a straight edge (look at the pictures in the post I linked). Now that the bike is running I'm going to pull the forks and get them fixed (as soon as I figure out how to support the bike while doing it). I kept it under 40 mph too to avoid any surprises.

Yes, the carbs are very easy to remove, and a breeze to clean. I didn't even take them off of the mounting frame.
Regards,
Mikemo

1 - 4 of 4 Posts