Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.wired.com/autopia/2012/07/roskva-cf-bike/

Instead of a steel or aluminum frame, Roskva uses a carbon-fiber monocoque weighing about 55 pounds, along with carbon fiber wheels, single-sided swingarm, and an enclosed driveshaft. The battery inside is made of 414 individual lithium iron phosphate cells with a 6 kWh capacity. The batteries power two Lynch D135RAGS electric motors that deliver 59 pound-feet of torque and 96.6 horsepower. They hope to achieve a drag coefficient “lower than 0.30″ by incorporating a chunky tail section that, unlike the aesthetically driven design of modern bikes, will reduce turbulence.

http://roskva-electric.com/

·
Registered
149 Posts
I feel bad now.. an electric bike has more HP then my SV... Time for a busa....

·
Registered
7,584 Posts
But...it has 1/4 the range. You can basically ONLY commute on this thing. No touring, no canyon carving--unless you live in the canyon.

·
Premium Member
2,389 Posts
I applaude their ingenuity, and I wish electric bikes the best, but you won't be seeing me on one... I'm sorry but to me riding a bike that makes no noise, is like having sex with a woman who doesn't moan... How sad is that?

-"Oh, you like it don't you?"

- "Bzzzzzzzz" -_-

·
Premium Member
2,389 Posts
Wouldn't be hard at all to add a speaker and your choice of programmable noises.
But it's fake!! Like an inflatable doll! NO! I will never accept it! lol

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
i've got to agree. Part of the reason I enjoy motorcycling is the sound that comes with it. Now, 96 HP and lovely torque would probably over-ride my whinyness a bit....

if only they could range a couple hundred miles....

·
Registered
760 Posts
I applaude their ingenuity, and I wish electric bikes the best, but you won't be seeing me on one... I'm sorry but to me riding a bike that makes no noise, is like having sex with a woman who doesn't moan... How sad is that?

-"Oh, you like it don't you?"

- "Bzzzzzzzz" -_-
HAHAHA Agreed... but a little weirded out...

·
Registered
905 Posts
While it does have 96hp, it's direct drive so the top speed is only 110 or so, and it's 0-60 is speculated to be in the high 3s.
I also wonder if the range is based on typical 'commute' driving styles, or aggressive track riding? Sure would suck to take it to a track and find out the batteries are dead after 30 miles.

·
Registered
688 Posts
Everytime I hear something structural was made out of carbon fiber I think of the tent rods that snapped in my hand when I was 12 and left me with a million fiber glass splinters..

I know they aren't the same thing but it's just similar enough- if you dropped this bike would it not shatter and crack into a thousand pieces...

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Everytime I hear something structural was made out of carbon fiber I think of the tent rods that snapped in my hand when I was 12 and left me with a million fiber glass splinters..

I know they aren't the same thing but it's just similar enough- if you dropped this bike would it not shatter and crack into a thousand pieces...
Not really but damage to this bodywork is basically damaging the frame and since the bike was not made using a mass fabricated mold which means it would be extremely expensive to repair or replace.

In other words don't drop it.

·
Registered
760 Posts

Not necessarily, F1 suspension components are made of carbon fiber but when they hit the wall at 180+mph they don't shatter like your experience with tent rods. Its all about the resins and coatings they use.

The good news is it is not likely to dent, the bad news is it will likely crack in the event of a run in with the ground, and that is not an easy thing to repair.

Still a cool concept.

·
Registered
3,743 Posts
Personally I can't wait for E-bikes

Instant torque? YES PLEASE!

Loud exhausts are the same as jacked up trucks. Just an indication that the owner is unsatisfied with their genitalia's dimensions.

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
1 - 20 of 23 Posts