Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I shattered my buell windscreen in an accident a couple months ago ... I got it all back together recently and just kept the windscreen off. It looks far better imo but I didn't realize how practical that windscreen was!

I know I've seen a few carbon fiber windscreens on here before ... does anyone know of any? I have no idea about bodywork brands and ebay is no help at all so far. So any point in the right direction is appreciated, thanks!

Btw ... I have a 1st gen. ;D

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
lol made in china.com ... sounds great. Nah it wasn't a buell one. I'm pretty sure it was for the naked sv. I know I've seen one or 2 on here before, just can't remember who it was. Crap.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I'm embarking on a couple of carbon fiber projects this summer for my bike. One of them will be a windshield. I'm thinking the lower part carbon fiber, with the upper part clear plastic.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
did you search google images for it
Yeah, my searches all come up with nothing really ... hardly even results having to do with the sv ... let alone naked sv. It's also possible that the one I saw was a windscreen made for another bike and just put on the sv.

If anyone knows of anyone on here who has one then let me know pls. :)

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Did the small windscreen make that much of a difference at highway speed versus riding without it?

I'm finding out now how much of a difference it made to have one ... I feel like my body is a sail on the highway without it. Maybe I just need to get used to it ... but I kinda prefer one. And thanks for finding that ducati one! I'm gonna try to pick that up to see how it works.

·
Registered
3,276 Posts

·
Registered
794 Posts
+1, and in my previous research on Monster fairings, I don't recall anything of that shape. Anybody have an idea if it actually mimics an OE Duc shape?
A quick search on Google Images yielding a few that resembled that fairing I linked.

·
Banned
1,304 Posts
Zombie thread!!!

i dont really like the look of carbon fiber. i like silver. makes me think its a machine rather than a ninja

·
Registered
115 Posts
I've got a flyscreen from Holeshot Performance. I think they design their stuff using the SV650. I think it is fiberglass, not CF, but it is very high quality and fits perfectly, seems better than a Chinese-made "carbon fiber" one.

·
Registered
690 Posts
You can try making your own carbon wind screen. I may try doing that myself. There is a guy on here that wrapped his tank in carbon fiber and it looked sick. I think he did a windscreen too. Looks really easy.

just do a search for carbon fiber and its like one of the first threads listed.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts